Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 24th, 2012 11:00

CX3-20 Admin Reset Service Port Modem Error 777

We have a new to us CX3-20 series clariion and I want to connect via the Service Port with a serial cable to reset the admin password and when connecting with the PPP connection via a "Modem" connection I get an error 777 and that the Remote Computer is not responding. After I restart the clariioin it appears that during the reboot process the Modem starts to negotiate a connection and then times out with a different error. The party we obtained the array from doesnt appear to know the admin password and I do not appear to be able to use the Unisphere Initialization Utility.

812 Posts

August 24th, 2012 12:00

Is the SP in a hung/ faulty condition ?

If the SP is healthy, you have to see if the cable/port is fine or not. Even if those are ok, you have to see the settings again.

1.4K Posts

August 24th, 2012 12:00

Are you sure, you have set up PPP Connection Properly?

What is the Service Laptop OS? Windows 7?

For Other Winodws Family OS: 29574.

If PPP Connection is set up properly.

Can you please, Post HyperTerm Output while the Storage Processor is restarting and highlight the Error you mentioned.

1.4K Posts

August 24th, 2012 13:00

Sure. No Problem. I will be away for 2 days and have limited access to the internet but I'll try and check for the responses random times!

5 Posts

August 24th, 2012 13:00

Everything appears health about the SP but I left the DC so I will have to go back and verify.  The OS is Windows 7 I had followed the instructions on a MP4 video for setting up the connection and it appears similar to those in emc247433 but will trie again. I never quite got a connection so nothing to post at this time for hyperterm. will give it another shot and see

4.5K Posts

September 7th, 2012 11:00

Were you ever able to get connected to the array? Is your question answered?

glen

No Events found!