Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2013 10:00

Cannot Access EMC Navisphere 6 Anymore

Hello,

Suddenly, when i try to access EMC Navisphere 6, I get the error message "Error: Click for details".  When I click for details, I get an Application Error dialog box with this error: "SecurityException  com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningExecution: Found unsigned entry in resource: https://IP/api/help6222310.jar" ('IP' is the actual IP for the Clariion).  Has anyone encountered this error and/or have any ideas?  I am on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Java 7 Update 45 and Java 7 Update 25 (64-bit) installed, and using IE9 (I have tried Google Chrome also and got similar results).

1.4K Posts

November 20th, 2013 11:00

The error mentioned has nothing to do with 64bit. .jar related errors are related to java.

Try:

1. Uninstall java and install latest version of Java and see if it works.

2. If not, uninstall java and install java version for 32bit and keep us updated how it goes! :)

33 Posts

Thanks Ankit. I should note that I'm actualy running both the 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Java, both at the latest versions (I actually need the 64-bit version).  Do you still believe an uninstall/reinstall will help?

1.4K Posts

.jar error is related to java so clean re-install should help. Since, you are able to log in via different workstation, it eradicates any fault or issue with the EMC CLARiiON itself. Meaning, EMC Support as well wont me much of a help as this as we call in support is, Customer Enviornment Issue.

2 Posts

November 20th, 2013 12:00

I tried uninstalled and re-install JAVA with the latest version. Same issue.

I ended up removing JAVA and re-installing an older 32 bit version i had.  "Java 6 - update 24"

Now i can get into Navisphere without issue.

33 Posts

November 20th, 2013 12:00

Tried the uninstall / reinstall and it didn't work, however I believe I know the issue.  Apparently this older app requires Java version 6.  I'm going to set up an Oracle account and download/install it.  Any recommendations as to whether I should uninstall 7, then install 6 & reinstall 7, or can I just install 6?

33 Posts

November 21st, 2013 06:00

Okay I have sort of made progress.  After uninstalling and reinstalling the latest version of Java didn't resolve the issue, I downloaded and installed Java 6.  This did resolve an issue with my being able to access the MDS switch interface, but did not resolve my Navisphere issues. 

I'm wondering if this is due to Control Panel configuration that I can't reach, since the Java Control Panel shows verison 7.  I did add version 6 in the Java tab, but I'm not sure what that gets me.

I'm also wondering if this is due to Java 6 needing to be added to the Windows path, based on some articles I've read.  Any suggestions?

No Events found!