Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 19th, 2013 10:00

Cannot Access EMC Navisphere 6 Anymore

Hello,

Suddenly, when i try to access EMC Navisphere 6, I get the error message "Error: Click for details".  When I click for details, I get an Application Error dialog box with this error: "SecurityException  com.sun.deploy.net.JARSigningExecution: Found unsigned entry in resource: https://IP/api/help6222310.jar" ('IP' is the actual IP for the Clariion).  Has anyone encountered this error and/or have any ideas?  I am on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Java 7 Update 45 and Java 7 Update 25 (64-bit) installed, and using IE9 (I have tried Google Chrome also and got similar results).

33 Posts

November 21st, 2013 06:00

I have found the final resolution, which was ridiculously simple:

Go to the Java control panel, click Settings, and uncheck "Keep temporary files on my computer".  After making this change, the problem was resolved.  Thanks for everyone's help!

33 Posts

November 19th, 2013 12:00

Probably so.  Going to try an uninstall/reinstall shortly.

1.4K Posts

Close all the web browsers.

Go to Control Panel > Search Java > Open Java Control Panel > Click on Settings > Delete Files.

Check if you can open Navisphere Manager.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

maybe same reason your Cisco Device/Fabric Manager is not running, mocked up java installation ?

33 Posts

November 19th, 2013 13:00

I am able to access them from an older server, but not my desktop.  I can access the interface you are referencing.  What is the risk of performing this procedure?  Does this cause an outage?

1.4K Posts

Try that after you clear the browser cache and temporary files.

1.4K Posts

Can you check if you are able to access the Management Servers from this workstation?

If yes, restart the management servers. https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-7393

If not, can you check if you are able to access the same from different workstation or if its still the same?

33 Posts

Thanks for the tip, but it unfortunately didn't work.  I do notice the default leaves unchecked "Installed Applications and Applets".  Would I need to check that box as well?

33 Posts

Thanks.  I cleared the IE cache and all of the Java cache and still the same results.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

November 19th, 2013 14:00

tried from Firefox ?

2 Posts

I am having the same issue. I have deleted all my browser and Java Cache and have tried from several different machines.

I also restarted the management server as well. No luck.

1.4K Posts

No, it doesn't. It will not allow you to access the GUI for 2-3mins. However, if you are able to access the CLARiiON from the different workstation then it seems the issue is either with the java or any other services which may be running on your laptop. You may restart the management server, if you wish but I am thinking it is Java!

1.4K Posts

justarob wrote:

I am having the same issue. I have deleted all my browser and Java Cache and have tried from several different machines.

I also restarted the management server as well. No luck.

Can you make a serial connection and see if you can bring up Navisphere Manager? If that works then you may need to check your network settings.

I'm assuming you have tried all the browsers as well.

86 Posts

November 19th, 2013 22:00

What version of Java are you using (did you recently upgrade it)?

Sam Claret

Technical Support Engineer III

Global Technical Support – SSG Windows

EMC Information Systems International

33 Posts

November 20th, 2013 10:00

Thanks for all the responses.  I am on Windows 7 Pro 64-bit, Java 7 Update 45 and Java 7 Update 25 (64-bit) installed, and using IE9.

I ended up being able to use an older 32-bit Windows Server 2003 box to log on without a problem.  Could be the 64-bit factor or something else.  I will likely try uninstall/reinstall later today (I was planning to yesterday but it was too busy of a day).

No Events found!