Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 24th, 2013 11:00

Changing AX4-5i IP network config without re-initializing.

I got an AX4 at a remote site that got configured by someone else a while back and I cannot access the management interface. By using the initialization utility on a server local to that subnet, I was able to find out that the gateway and subnet mask are incorrectly configured. Is there a way to fix this without re-initializing the array. I cannot access the management interface to fix it. Can this be done through the service port (mini-db9) ?

Thanks.

4K Posts

October 24th, 2013 19:00

To reset the IP address of AX4, you can try

1. Establish a PPP connection with serial cable.

Refer to https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-8449 or https://community.emc.com/message/574428#574428 (for Win7 laptop)

2. The initialization utility

Follow the setps in its Help manual. Resetting the security settings will not affect the storage configurations.

initial_utility.jpg

(AX4-5 series only) Resetting security

Note Applies to AX4-5  series storage systems only.

Press the white button to the far right of the power  button/LED on either SP. The amber SP fault LED lights to acknowledge  the press.

This puts the storage system into a special  state that provides 15 minutes for you reset the storage system's  security credentials.

The 15 minute window stays active until one of the following  is true

• you log in to the  storage system with a valid username and password
  • you create a new  user account
  • you modify an existing  user account
  • the 15 minutes is  up

Wait approximately 2 minutes to Log into the storage  system through either SP.  You  do not need a username/password during this 15 minute time span or you  can log in normally.

Once logged in, create or modify  user  accounts.

I'm afraid you have to ask someon in your remote site to help you to do this.

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 24th, 2013 12:00

If you know the IP address, it would be the best solution to cross connect a laptop to change the IP address. There is a method to connect via serial cable but it's not a easy one and must be held by EMC partners/personnel. Please contact EMC support if you could not find a method to locally access the network ports.

best regards,

Cenk

4.5K Posts

October 29th, 2013 10:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

No Events found!