Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 13th, 2013 07:00

Clarrion CX4-120 Host Agent not reachable or connection registered manually

I have what appears to be an old host initiator popping up warnings about not being reachable in the connectivity status window. When I browse to the Hosts list, there is nothing listed. All of our current hosts are registered correctly, assigned to the correct storage group and working fine. This appears to be a stale record of some sort and needs to be manually removed. I created an SR for it and EMC support was of little help. They advised me to reboot both SP management servers, which I did, but the issue remains. How to I manually remove this initiator? Thanks in advance!

12 Posts

December 13th, 2013 10:00

I'm already in engineering mode. There is no option to remove this initiator in the Storage System Connectivity Status window from the Host Management section.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 13th, 2013 10:00

get into engineering mode (CTRL+SHIFT+F12, password messner)

12 Posts

December 13th, 2013 13:00

No, the 192.168.1.227 below it.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

can you add a screenshot so we are looking at the same thing.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

do you see it in Connectivity Status ?

12 Posts

screenshot.jpg

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

are you talking about the one at the very top ? That looks like a port from another EMC array or the same one (SANCopy logged-in into each other).

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 13th, 2013 14:00

so when you select it Deregister option is not available, do you see individual records when you click on the plus next to it (don't have access to CX4 at the moment so going by memory).

12 Posts

December 13th, 2013 14:00

There is nothing under the +

1 Attachment

4.5K Posts

December 20th, 2013 14:00

Try restarting the Management Server on both SPA and SPB

IP_Address_SPA/setup - log into the SPA with you username/password, then scroll down a bit until you see Restart Management Server. Click on yes - wait for SPA to come back (this does not reboot the SP), the restart SPB.

Sometimes the Management Server gets confused about what is displayed.

glen

12 Posts

December 23rd, 2013 11:00

I said in my original post that I restarted the management servers on both SPs already. See below...

"I have what appears to be an old host initiator popping up warnings about not being reachable in the connectivity status window. When I browse to the Hosts list, there is nothing listed. All of our current hosts are registered correctly, assigned to the correct storage group and working fine. This appears to be a stale record of some sort and needs to be manually removed. I created an SR for it and EMC support was of little help. They advised me to reboot both SP management servers, which I did, but the issue remains. How to I manually remove this initiator? Thanks in advance!"

812 Posts

December 24th, 2013 02:00

Switch to engineering mode by pressing CtrlShiftF12 (enter password).

Then select the initiator entry see if you are getting de-register option.

De-register will remove the initiator entry.

12 Posts

December 24th, 2013 05:00

Not trying to sound like a hot head and I appreciate the replies but are any of you reading my previous posts? You keep telling me to do steps that I have already done and specified in my steps taken to remedy this issue.

With all due respect, I would not be on here seeking help if any of the steps below would have resolved this:

1. Entering Engineering Mode and deregistering the initiator.

2. Rebooting the Management Servers on both SPs.

3. EMC support.

Any other ideas beyond the 3 above or am I to assume there is a flaw in the system that will go away when we switch to another storage vendor?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

December 24th, 2013 08:00

SPs are running on Windows, that is underlying problem with the system

when you select that initiator and hit properties ..what does it show ?

12 Posts

December 24th, 2013 08:00

There isn't a Properties window but there is an Edit. This is what is displayed. A whole lot of nothing.

No Events found!