Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

October 4th, 2010 08:00

Code Upgarde - CX3

Dear Experts,

EMC Support team  recommending to  upgrade Flare  code on  Clarion  CX3-20  to  Flare 03.26.020.5.031 .

As per the EMC,  Main advantaged of this versions is  heartbeat happen from the storage to   EMC  I confused ,  why the heartbeat? We receive email alert if any error occur in CX3 Storage Array.

How the heartbeat will work –   can anyone explain this….

Best regards,

Muneer.

542 Posts

I think the Heartbeat they are mentioning is when you have email alerts setup to also email EMC for hardware problems.  the array sends out a heartbeat to EMC on a schedule(think it might be every few days or something)  and if they dont recieve that, they think there might be an issue and contact you.

41 Posts

Thanks for the reply. I think you are right. can  we configure same heartbeat  sent  local support team(On site)

we receive  all types of alert (even hardware issues) when we use older Flare version - (Patch level  20)

542 Posts

October 4th, 2010 09:00

I am not sure if you can set it up to send you haertbeat stuff.  But they use it becuase they can not physically access your array and see that there is a problem.  You on the other hand, are right there and will notice something right away becuase your getting the normal alert messages

4.5K Posts

October 5th, 2010 08:00

CX/CX3 series storage systems are capable (running FLARE Release 26 patch 31 or  later) of sending home heartbeat call-home message files. When a heartbeat event is not received at the specified time (with some  buffer) a Service Request will be opened by SYR with event code 29.AAA1.58 for  the storage system. These messages are generated every 7 days on a random time schedule and are used by EMC to ensure that the call-home featrue is working correctly (included the modem is used or email). It's a way for us to make sure that the call-home is still working.

Was your question answered? If so, please remember to mark the question as answered and to award points to the person with the correct answer.

glen

No Events found!