Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 29th, 2009 12:00

Critical errors...? CX4-120

Upon login today into my navi manager, i got 2 critical alerts for my DPE (enclosure SPE) and SPS B - both faulted. Saying...

Disk Processor Enclosure (Enclosure SPE) is faulted. Servers may have lost access to disk drives in this storage system.

Alert Code: 0x7409

and

Standby Power Supply (Enclosure SPE SPS B) is faulted. The storage system will disable write cache.

Alert Code: 0x7404

checked physically to make sure all SPS are connected to the source power. checked front sps and there is one amber light on the second (from th right) power supply /blower modules.
is there any other things i can check here or if this is a hardware failure need to contact emc or dell
thanks?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

get SPCollects from both SPs and open a ticket with your support provider.

2 Intern

• 

193 Posts

how do i run spcollects?
tx

2 Intern

• 

193 Posts

sorry, i run spcollect for both sp - where i can find the events or the information/

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

July 29th, 2009 13:00

you will need to download SPcollects from each SP. If you right click on SP and select File Transfer Manager you will see a zip file with today date on it. Download it to your pc and send them to support.

4.5K Posts

July 29th, 2009 13:00

If you right click on the SPA and select View Events, it should show you all the events on the array.

glen

4.5K Posts

July 31st, 2009 06:00

when you look in the File Transfer Manager window, remember to look for the file name that begins with the serial number of the array, has the current date and time and ends in "data'zip". If you see a file with the correct date and time, but the file ends in runlog.txt it means that spcollect is still running - click on the Refresh button until the extension changes to data.zip.

glen
No Events found!