Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

September 14th, 2010 10:00

DAEs Shuffled

I have a Clariion with some of it's own dae's missing and several dae's added from a second Clariion.

My Clariion now has four drawers. My goal is to clear all of the faults, luns, and RAID Groups, then set up new RAID Groups, etc for my development systems.

Any suggestions would be most welcome.

The luns were not unbound and raid groups were not destroyed before the DAEs were removed.

My Clariion has the following faults:

Bus 0 Enclsure 1:Faulted

Bus 0 Enclsure 1Disk0-14:Removed

Bus 0 Enclsure 2:Faulted

Bus 0 Enclsure 2Disk0-9:Removed

Bus 0 Enclsure 4:Missing

Bus 0 Enclsure 5:Missing

Bus 0 Enclsure 6:Missing

Calling EMC Support is not an option. Support has expired and I am hoping to use this storage system for development.

I have consulted the following thread, none of the suggestions has resolved my problems. All attempts at unbinding luns result in the message: "Being used by a feature of the storage system"

https://community.emc.com/thread/89294

542 Posts

September 14th, 2010 13:00

Like i siad before, this should only be done by support/Partner engineers.  You can google search for the steps but unless your a partner, you wont have access to FLARE ndu, Recovery and utility partitions that will be needed as part of the proceedure.

Sorry

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

After going into engineering mode I attempted to blow away the meta luns (all of my storage groups are already gone) but I keep getting the error "Being used by a feature of the storage system"

So no luck

116 Posts

Also private luns .. Make sure there are no sessions ...

139 Posts

Have you checked to see if there are any reserved LUN pools for spanview? Maybe that is holding it back.

542 Posts

What Clariion do you have?  CX, CX3, CX4 and what is FLARE level?

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

There are private luns listed, but no luns in storage groups. All attempts to unbind luns result in the error "Being used by a feature of the storage system"

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

There are no snapview sessions listed.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

cx3-20f

116 Posts

Go into engineering mode and blow away everything ... Then restart the management servers on both sp's .. You will be all set

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

September 14th, 2010 11:00

I tried this on four of my private luns:

navicli -h <SP_IP_address> chglun -(Please contact Support) -l 12 -makepublic

I did not get any errors in navicli, but when I went to

naviseccli -h <SP_IP_address> metalun -destroy -metalun 12

I got the same error "Being used by a feature of the storage system.

Message was edited by: kelleg

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

I checked under SANcopy sessions, there are none.

I don't have Mirrorview loaded.

After restarting the management server on both SPs, I find that I still cannot delete any of the private luns. However, I did find two 10GB luns under SnapView Clone Feature Properties but these are in enclosure 0, which has no faults or other problems.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

I have six luns in the storage group ~physical and about twentyfour others that are not members of a storage group but are all private luns.

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

Correction:

The default Storage Group "~physical" appeared when I went into engineering mode. However, when I attempt to remove my lun from it I get the error "Special Storage group cannot be modified."

Message was edited by: PastaFazole

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

When I attempt to remove luns from the ~physical group, I get "Special storage group cannot be modified"

1 Rookie

• 

33 Posts

• 1. Remove the LUN from the Storage Group.
  • I have no storage groups.
  • 2. Right-click the metaLUN icon which is found under the owning SP, and select destroy.
  • Done, but I get the error "Failed to destroy the following MetaLUN(s): LUN 12 - It is being used by a feature of the storage system."
  • 3. Verify Properties from RAID group that this metaLUN was originally part of to confirm additional space has become available.
  • See step 2.
No Events found!