Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 19th, 2013 22:00

EMC ASX4-5i DIsk Drive Failure

Hi Santa!

Merry Xmas

but ..........not a good time for any issue

I have an old EMC ASX4-5i whose disks were recently failed. One Disk Enclosure has SATA Drives and one Disk Enclosure has SASs. I have one SAS drive failed and one SATA drive. I bought similar hardware specs fof those drives from the market and install in it. Its not accepting those drives and continuously giving me following error.

0x7400 There are disk drives in this storage system that are not working properly.

May be I am missing a step or do I have to run any utility??? I am totally flat out on this issue. as far as I know its just hot swappable we do not have to do anything but its became a nightmare for me.

please can any one guide me or point me to any document/online which can guide me.

Billions of Thanks...

so if you are my Santa please give me this small gift to solve this issue....

Cheers

Atif

December 19th, 2013 23:00

Firstly, welcome to the forums, and above all, thank you for being an EMC customer.

Please consider moving this question as-is (no need to recreate) to the proper forum for maximum visibility.  Questions written to the users' own "Discussions" space don't get the same amount of attention and can go unanswered for a long time.

You can do so by selecting "Move" under ACTIONS along the upper-right.  Then search for and select: "CLARiiON Support Forum".

CLARiiON Support Forum

ethan_sydney wrote:

I bought similar hardware specs fof those drives from the market and install in it. Its not accepting those drives and continuously giving me following error.

0x7400 There are disk drives in this storage system that are not working properly.

Let's get some verification checks out of the way.

1) Do you mind me asking where you purchased these from (new or used)?

2) You mentioned "similar" hardware specs.  Let's first verify that these drives are listed in the following document:

https://support.emc.com/docu32233_AX4-5_Series_Storage_Systems_Disk_and_FLARE_OE_Matrix.pdf

3) Also, you'll want to pay attention to any footnotes especially any that suggest a minimum version of FLARE OE

For instance, when you state "similar", did you by chance buy larger drives than you had originally?  You'll see reference to specific drives that require a minimum version of FLARE OE.

December 21st, 2013 15:00

Hi!

Thank you for your reply, Much appreciated

ok let me reply you

1) Do you mind me asking where you purchased these from (new or used)?

Reply:  (My company own this for many years when they bought it new at that time)

2) You mentioned "similar" hardware specs.  Let's first verify that these drives are listed in the following document:

https://support.emc.com/docu32233_AX4-5_Series_Storage_Systems_Disk_and_FLARE_OE_Matrix.pdf

Reply: 1) As I dont have support from EMC so I cant login

2) The HDD I bought from market are not from EMC they are from SEAGATE and has the same brand and same series and capacity but I think some of the low level features differ???

3) Also, you'll want to pay attention to any footnotes especially any that suggest a minimum version of FLARE OE

Reply: Not sure

For instance, when you state "similar", did you by chance buy larger drives than you had originally?  You'll see reference to specific drives that require a minimum version of FLARE OE.

Rely: Oh no they are similar in capacity model and version but not from EMC they are from Seagate....

What I searched on line found that the ASX4 only works with EMC drives??? not sure

what a week 

No Events found!