Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 10th, 2008 14:00

Expanding a LUN on a Cluster node Fails

Hi all,

I have a CX3-20 running a FLARE R22. I am trying to expand a LUN on a cluster node that the cluster service is active on it. I used concatenate method.
From the Navisphere side, everything is fine. But, when going back to the server which is Windows 2003, i am not able to convert the basic drive to dynamic in order to expand the current drive.
So, up to my knoewledge, cluster nodes cannot access dynamic disks.
Then, i tried to migrate the LUN. I got the same result. i cannot use the extra space because i cannot convert the basic drive to dynamic.

Then i tried to delete the expanded LUN of the base LUN, that is, from the components, but the navisphere is refusing and says the LUN is being used by another feature although the drive cannot use the expanded LUN yet.

Please any advices beacuse my backup to disk is now stopped waiting for this extra space.

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

131 Posts

well, i have 2 questions:
1- how can i delete the expanded luns from navisphere;i.e the components.
2- is there a way to covert the cluster lun from basic to dynamic, or there is another way to expand such drives.

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

windows clustering does not support dynamic disk ...please search the forum or knowledge base on how to use diskpart to expand basic disk. You can do it online without issues.

2 Intern

• 

131 Posts

February 10th, 2008 22:00

Hi,

Thank you for the reply. But, i have one concern, the expanded LUN is not yet been added on the OS, but to Navisphere it shows the basic lun nad its componetn. so, my question is, can i delete the expanded lun from navisphere without destroying the basic lun since its not yet expanded by the OS?

Thank you

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 11th, 2008 03:00

unfortunately you can not. Once you concatenated a lun you can not delete component luns.

47 Posts

February 11th, 2008 05:00

sorry
No Events found!