Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 29th, 2015 22:00

How can we calculate "Queue length" of LUN?

How can we calculate "Queue length" of LUN using CLI(naviseccli).We don't want to use unisphere analyzer as it impacts system performance.

20 Posts

March 30th, 2015 01:00

Hi you can't get array performance data whit out analyzer running, so this is a cant do

March 30th, 2015 01:00

No.I am calculating various properties for LUN(like service time) using naviseccli. This is  possible but i am not able to calculate queue length.

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

March 30th, 2015 16:00

naviseccli getlun with -all option will return an aggregated "Total Queue Length:" value, which you could grep out.

Or you can add the -que option to see the individual disk queue lengths. ymmv.

March 31st, 2015 04:00

I used this command . But i am not getting the value for each LUN. The unisphere analyzer is showing the value of "queu length" for those luns whose value is not coming by getlun command.

Is there any parameter we need to set for this(to get queue length value for each LUN)?

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

March 31st, 2015 21:00

GAURAVGARG wrote:

I used this command . But i am not getting the value for each LUN. The unisphere analyzer is showing the value of "queu length" for those luns whose value is not coming by getlun command.

Is there any parameter we need to set for this(to get queue length value for each LUN)?

I'm not sure what you mean. The command is run against a LUN by it's id, and returns different data for different LUN id's. (both with and without the -que) option

naviseccli -h array-spa getlun LUNID | select-string -pattern "Total Queue Length:"

March 31st, 2015 21:00

I mean to say that when i run this command, I get the LUN data. But for some luns, i am not getting "Total queue length" string in information.

Whereas for the same LUN , i am able to see "total queue length" value using unisphere analyzer.

So i don't know the reason why this command gives LUN information expect "Total queue length" parameter for some LUNs.

when i run the command(naviseccli -h array-spa getlun LUNID) for some specific LUN, i didn't get value.

4.5K Posts

April 2nd, 2015 08:00

If you're using Pools, some of the values that are available for a Raid Group LUN are not available for the Pool LUNs.

glen

No Events found!