Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 29th, 2014 21:00

How to find my storage throughput

Hi,

I am new to storage domain. We have backup application Netbackup. This application storing backup very less speed around 7MB/Sec it should be 40MB/sec at least. So we raised a case to netbackup team there are asking to me what is the throughput you are getting in storage

Please help me out how do we calculate throughput in EMC CX4-240     through web console. 

July 1st, 2014 11:00

You can calculate it easily after referring this document........http://regions.cmg.org/regions/stlcmg/files/Download/Presentations_2008-05/2008%205%2013%20Best%20Practices%20for%20Capa…

The other option you have is to run spcollect on both of the SPs SPA and SPB, will provide you all the details.

1.2K Posts

July 1st, 2014 13:00

Are you able to login to Unisphere, the management web GUI?  If you're unfamiliar with using Unisphere Analyzer for examining storage performance, you can open a support ticket with EMC.  They can assist you with collecting data during your backup window, then analyzing the resulting file.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

6 Posts

July 2nd, 2014 00:00

Yes I can able to login to Unisphere GUI. Right now we don't have support from EMC it is in process.

Can you tell where to go in Unisphere GUI

July 2nd, 2014 01:00

Use this command :

nqm -getlatestperf displays the latest performance information.

naviseccli –h ss1_spa nqm -getlatestperf

Thnx

Rakesh

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 2nd, 2014 04:00

Unless nqm is installed and configured there is not thing that he/she will get from that command. If you don't have Navisphere Analyzer installed on this array (check under array properties, software), you can still gather performance files (NAZ extension) and submit them to your local and friendly EMC CE to be analyzed (decrypted and/or send to MiTrends)

July 2nd, 2014 05:00

O oo...didn't mind that. I see, he is still configuring it I think.

4.5K Posts

July 15th, 2014 09:00

If you have access to support.emc.com, please see the KB article:

https://support.emc.com/kb/12289

This article has a lot of information about using Analyzer. In the Navisphere/Unisphere GUI, there is also a lot of information in the HELP about using Analyzer to collect and review the performance of the array.

glen

No Events found!