Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2015 05:00

LDAP Authentication on Clariion - How It Works?

Hi,

We’ve recently implemented LDAP authentication for our Clariion arrays.

We’ve set our 2 AD servers in the domain for the LDAP authentication on each array.

My question is: In case 2 AD servers are set for authentication,

Does the array perform the authentication against the first server only

Or maybe the authentication is performed randomly between the 2 AD servers?

Couldn’t find an answer in the manuals.

We’d like to understand that in order know if we should expect high utilization on 1 of our DCs in case the authentication is performed on the first AD server only.

Thanks.

7 Posts

February 19th, 2015 05:00

Hi wade3,

as far as i know and remember the arrays would query the first AD server as log as it is reachable and responsive. If there is an issue with your first server the second one would queried.

Hope this will help a litte.

regards

224 Posts

February 17th, 2015 09:00

4.5K Posts

February 17th, 2015 12:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

4 Posts

February 18th, 2015 00:00

Hi Sheron,

Thank you for you answer.

Unfortunately this video doesn't refer to cases which i have 2 AD Domain controllers assigned for LDAP authentication.

Any other suggestions?

224 Posts

February 19th, 2015 04:00

Sorry Wade for the delayed response, I am trying to see if i there is anything more I could provide to answer this.
I will try to see if I can get access to try this and see how it works and will make an attempt to see if there are any ways to answer this.
In the mean time you can try opening a case with the clariion support , and if you find the answer kindly share as this would  help in in future.

Regards,

Sheron

224 Posts

February 20th, 2015 09:00

Sorry Wade,

No luck from my end. Can you open a case with clariion support and let me know how to do it too?

Regards,

Sheron

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2015 02:00

Thank you guys for your tries.

i will open an SR and update you with the results.

I appreciate your answers

4 Posts

February 22nd, 2015 23:00

Hi,

i checked it with EMC support, and got similar answer to what Sheron have mentioned:

It is found that the LDAP user is always authenticated by the primary AD server which is configured initially when the LDAP account for that user is created.

Only if the primary AD server fails then it will try authenticate from the secondary AD server.

It will not randomly validate from both the AD servers.

No Events found!