Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 30th, 2013 09:00

MV/A CX4 series - ping is alive mgmt nics and between iscsi nics, but unable to register storage

hello i am unable to register 2 storage doing link for MV/A trought iscsi wan conection, the MV wizards shows the option register: N and logeed: N, ping works between management ip address from and to both storage, and iscsi ping ip address works to and from both storage too. Any idea how to solved this. Thank you. MC.

127 Posts

February 1st, 2013 08:00

Hi,

you can register the initiators using Navisphere CLI

you can try the below steps from the example for iSCSI

iSCSI connection

On array1 (array uid 123) (SPA IP 1.2.3.4)

naviseccli –h 1.2.3.4 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addset -name mv_iscsi_connection_to_456

naviseccli –h 1.2.3.4 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addpath –name mv_iscsi_connection_to_456 –target –sp a –portid < MV ISCSI port ID on 123 array’s SPA>

naviseccli –h 1.2.3.4 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addpath –name mv_iscsi_connection_to_456 –target –sp b –portid < MV ISCSI port ID on 123 array’s SPB>

On array 2 (array uid 456)(SPA IP 5.6.7.8)

naviseccli –h 5.6.7.8 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addset -name mv_iscsi_connection_to_123

naviseccli –h 5.6.7.8 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addpath –name mv_iscsi_connection_to_123 –target –sp a –portid < MV ISCSI port ID on 456 array’s SPA>

naviseccli –h 5.6.7.8 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –addpath –name mv_iscsi_connection_to_123 –target –sp b –portid < MV ISCSI port ID on 456 array’s SPB>

Run the following command to see the new connection:

naviseccli –h 1.2.3.4 - user < > -password < > -scope 0 connection –getset

Run the following command to enable mirroring between the arrays using the connection sets:

naviseccli –h 1.2.3.4 -user … -password … -scope … mirror –enablepath -connectiontype iscsi

Thanks

Madhusudan

4.5K Posts

January 30th, 2013 12:00

What flare release is running on the CX4?

If you go to the iSCSI ports you can select the port that you're trying to connect with and select ping - then ping to the other array. In Navisphere right click on the array and select Port Management, then select the iSCSI port and click ping at the bottom of the sceen - in the Source dropdown, select the IP address on that array and then select the remote array IP in the Dest dropdown.

In Unisphere on the left hand side select Manage Data Ports and do the same as above.

glen

4.5K Posts

January 30th, 2013 13:00

In the Manage Data Ports which iSCSI ports are listed as Mirrorview?

glen

295 Posts

hello Glen all those tests were completed successfully, my problem is that when looking and running

the option "manage mirror conection" (between last port iscsi both storages), the process is not completed. i received the error. "the attached array speciefied was not found or had no valid ports to enable disable 0x1".

troubleshootings steps executed were:

--- update flare to the last version available (525)

--- restart management server both storage,

---  delete and create again iscsi connection between storage system

4.5K Posts

Are you adding the connections between systems manually or using the Wizard? In the Connections between systems do you see both SPA and SPB ports? You have one Connection Name and that has the two SP ports on the other array? In the Manage Connections are you seeing the connection in the left-hand window and what is the Status and Logged-In Status?

295 Posts

January 31st, 2013 05:00

i tryed both manually and the wizard but result was unsuccess.-

logged-in status for iscsi apears: SPA:N   SPB:N.-

primary storage: a5 (mirrorview) b5 (mirrorview)

secondary storage: a3(mirrorview) b3(mirrorview)

127 Posts

February 1st, 2013 07:00

Hi,

Since they are showing as not logged, Ensure cabling and routing is fine, there is no firewall between Primary and Secondary. Also make sure that you are able to telnet and identify port 3260 is not blocked between the two Arrays.

Thanks

Madhusudan

127 Posts

Hi,

May i know, how you are accessing the Arrays ? (RA) ?

if there is a link between the Arrays, then you can see the status as Logged In (identify if the cable is faulted or cable is connected to correct iSCSI port)

it is recommended to have iSCSI commnunication in a different subnet rather than Management subnet.

there is no telnet option available in Navisphere or Unisphere, you can try and verify telnet to 3260 port from a host that belong to iSCSI subnet.

Thanks

Madhusudan

295 Posts

Ganapa Madhusudan wrote:

Hi,

May i know, how you are accessing the Arrays ? (RA) ?  tcp 9519

if there is a link between the Arrays, then you can see the status as Logged In (identify if the cable is faulted or cable is connected to correct iSCSI port) mirror connection is not showing nothing

it is recommended to have iSCSI commnunication in a different subnet rather than Management subnet. yes they are in diferent subnet and segment

there is no telnet option available in Navisphere or Unisphere, you can try and verify telnet to 3260 port from a host that belong to iSCSI subnet. there is no any phisical host available, array is in a remote place, i can only install a virtual machine same network, any idea? from primary side perhaps i can tryied to install a host in the same iscsi subnet and reach that iscsi tcp port. only that tcp port? sometimes iscsi use other tcp port to comunicate each other, how to be shure what other tcp port will use the array for iscsi.

295 Posts

good point Ganapa

i tryied accessing  SPs via RA, and from the dos prompt, i did not find the telnet command. any idea.

questions:

-- can i do the register of the array as the way i register a host server?

-- segment and switch rules isolate i think so, comunication between iscsi ip addresses (both arrays)  and management ip addresses (both arrays)

is that correct?

thank you

mc

1.4K Posts

February 7th, 2013 22:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer.

Remembering to mark the question Answered helps others with similar problems and awarding points helps motivate people to take the time answer you questions.

- Ankit

No Events found!