Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 23rd, 2017 15:00

Mirrorview port can be changed or it's fixed in storage

Hi All,

My query is that Mirrorview port can be changed or it's fixed in storage and why specific port is defined for mirror view

4.5K Posts

August 24th, 2017 13:00

The Mirrorview ports are fixed and can not be changed. It was designed this way, this was an engineering decision.

glen

214 Posts

August 2nd, 2018 06:00

Does this apply to all models in the VNX range?

8.6K Posts

August 2nd, 2018 08:00

yes it applies to all VNX models and goes back to Clariion

214 Posts

August 3rd, 2018 02:00

This also apply to Replicator on the file side?

4.5K Posts

August 3rd, 2018 11:00

Mirrorview is used for Block replication on the array FC or iSCSI ports - on the array. File replication uses the ethernet ports on the Data Mover and I don't believe the ports are fixed like on the array. You might want to take a look at the White Papers for File Replication - that probably explains in more detail what and how you configure the Data Movers for replication.

glen

6 Posts

August 30th, 2018 15:00

Hi Glen,

I'm trying to set Mirrorview/A and I see that my source system doesnt have IPs configured for Mirrorview ports that are already named A-0 (MirrorView) B-0 (MirrorView). The questions I have are:

1. I'm assuming I should configure these ports before I do "connecting storage arrays" correct?

2. When I try to assign an IP to the ports it pops up a warning "It is recommended that you consult with your Network Manager to determine the correct settings before applying these changes. Changing the port properties may disrupt iSCSI traffic to all ports on this SP. Initiator configuration changes may be necessary to regain connections"

I just wanted to know that making changes on these wouldn't affect any other ISCSI traffic?

3. Do the virtual port configuration on these IPs need to be rotatable? (The two VNX systems are in different DCs connected via L3)

Thank you in advance.

-Nitss

4.5K Posts

September 4th, 2018 08:00

I suggest that you review the Mirrorview KnowledgeBook - this should show you how to setup a mirrorview connection between two arrays - both local and remote.

https://support.emc.com/docu32906_MirrorView_Knowledgebook:_Releases_30_%E2%80%93_33_-_A_Detailed_Review.pdf?language=en_US

glen

No Events found!