Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

March 6th, 2014 12:00

NX-480 Disk Trespass

Hi, I have a NX-480, and when I look at the events for SPA and SPB in Navisphere, I see the following messsages, repeated constantly for the entire length of the log:

0x60a - Internal information only. A logical unit has been enabled

0x4600 - 'powersaving' called by ' Navi User nasadmin' (128.221.252.100) with result: Success (Navisphere Secure CLI command: )

0x4600 - 'setstats' called by ' Navi User nasadmin' (128.221.252.100) with result: Success (Navisphere CLI command: ' setstats -powersavings -GMTOFF -300 ')

0x606 - Unit Shutdown for Trespass

Each line references Bus 0 Enclosure 0 Disk 6

I checked the disk and it seems fine, no errors recorded and LEDs all green.  I also ran diagnostics using the Unisphere Service Manager and they came back with no errors.

If anyone knows what this is about I would appreciate the response.

Thank you,

Joe Previti

2 Intern

• 

4K Posts

March 6th, 2014 18:00

0x60a - Internal information only. A logical unit has been enabled

Internal only, so you don't need to worry about it.

0x4600 - 'powersaving' called by ' Navi User nasadmin' (128.221.252.100) with result: Success (Navisphere Secure CLI command: )

Refer to

Refer to Navisphere Command Line Interface (CLI) Reference guide, the naviseccli powersaving command allows you to enable or disable power saving settings on a storage system. It displays the system's idle time and the status of the power saving settings.

0x4600 - 'setstats' called by ' Navi User nasadmin' (128.221.252.100) with result: Success (Navisphere CLI command: ' setstats -powersavings -GMTOFF -300 ')

"setstats -powersavings": Enables/disables the disk spin-down statistics logging. It affects only the disk spin-down statistics.

0x606 - Unit Shutdown for Trespass

According to KB emc37122,  the storage processor (SP) has shut down the LUN containing this drive module at the request of the peer SP because of a trespass operation. Under the following conditions, a CLARiiON array may experience Unit Shutdown for Trespass messages:

• Path to CLARiiON array may be down.
  • Possible problem with storage processor (SP).
  • Fibre connection from server to switch or to CLARiiON array may be loose or bad.

If you cannot determine the source of these messages, contact your support provider.

If an HP-UX server connected to a CLARiiON array is experiencing an excessive number of trespasses, see solution emc21180.

4.5K Posts

March 17th, 2014 12:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

No Events found!