Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

August 25th, 2010 07:00

NaviAgent removes StorageGroup members

Hi!

Today we tried to do add two new paths (one cable) to an already connected server by FC via two paths (one cable). After zoning we restarted NaviAgent on the win server then Clariion could see the new WWNs under the server name on "Connectivity Status".

At this point everything was ok. The problem started when I took a look at the storage group, the server was not listed there anymore under "Connected Hosts"!

The "Host" list was also empty.

I don't know if the mapping stayed online somewhere in memory. Normally I would just go to Hosts->connectivity status->Reconnect. And that would reconnect the new paths but this time the Hosts dissapeared lost from the list.

Anybody has seen this before and could comment why this happened?

4.5K Posts

August 25th, 2010 14:00

Try restarting Management Server and see if the hosts show back up. Can you see the hosts in Connectivity Status? If so, higlight one of the paths and click on the INFO button to see if it is still listed in the Storage Group.

glen

51 Posts

August 26th, 2010 00:00

Thanks for the infor. Will try this next time. Normally when I do this I see the new paths under the ~management SG. This time the hosts where removed from all SG or at least that seems from navisphere interface which makes me nervous for next time I try doing this kind of change online. =)

4.5K Posts

August 26th, 2010 08:00

Did you have to add the host back into the Storage Group? Is it configured correctly now?

glen

51 Posts

August 26th, 2010 12:00

Yes I added again the Host to the SG and then it showed up correctly in Navisphere.

Didn't experience any loss of IO though.

4.5K Posts

August 26th, 2010 13:00

When you restarted the Management Server did the original paths shop back up in Storage Grop?

glen

No Events found!