Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 4th, 2010 00:00

Powerpath migration enabler

Hi All,

Has anyone used Powerpath migration enabler to migrate data from one Lun on CX3 on to CX4?if yer what are the pre-requisites needed and what are the steps involved, was it successful? We have a mix environment consisting of Windows 2003, 2008 and HP-UX, any suggesstions or would be helpful.

regards,

Samir

542 Posts

October 4th, 2010 09:00

My link was for my experiences with doing standalone host migrations.  Theya re very easy.

I have not done a CLuster migration yet but from what i read, it is pretty much the same except you have to turn off all nodes except one while the migration is going.  Then there are different steps to do depending on what OS you have.

Hopefully you can access this link for the Power Path Migration Enabler User Guide.  I would use version 5.5.  You will need to update all your powerpath hosts to 5.5 for it.  This guide has all the steps you need to do the migrations.

https://powerlink.emc.com/nsepn/webapps/btg548664833igtcuup4826/km/appmanager/km/secureDesktop?_nfpb=true&_pageLabel=servicesDocLibPg&internalId=0b014066803543e9&_irrt=true

542 Posts

October 4th, 2010 08:00

Sasamir,  i had a thread in the Host connectivity section about PPME.  the link is below.  This program is very easy to use.  I only used it with Windows OS so there might be extra steps you need to do for HP-UX.

Pre-requisites are the same for adding any host to a SAN.  Zone, create Storage group.  INstall PP, enable PPME and add licenseKey,

There is a PPME admin guide on Powerlink that has all the commands you need.

https://community.emc.com/message/503000#503000

234 Posts

October 4th, 2010 09:00

Thanks Kenn,

What I'm looking is a solution to migrate my Windows 2008 cluster from CX3 volumes to CX4, kindly let me know whats the pre-work involved and steps involved in migration?

regards,

Samir

234 Posts

October 4th, 2010 10:00

Thanks

No Events found!