Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 29th, 2008 18:00

QL2460 HBA not being detected on the power path

Hi

I am having an issue with one of the QL2460 HBA not being detected on the power path. When I checked on device manager on windows, both the HBA¿s appear but one of them has the option of disable and that¿s the card not being detected on the power path.

I am having a Boot from SAN configuration on windows 2003 SP2 R2.

Regards

Dharshana

2.2K Posts

January 31st, 2008 14:00

For those that don't know or don't want to enter into Engineering mode on their array (you can break a lot of things this way, not just your warranty) you can reconnect connections from a host that show up as "blue" by:

1. Expand the Storage Group that contains the Host

2. Expand the Hosts container under the Storage Group, right click on the host and select Connectivity Status

3. The "blue" connections will be listed ~management Group

4. Click on the Reconnect button. Accept the prompts to reconnect the HBAs.

5. Right click on the host, select Update Now and check Connectivity Status again. All connections should be "green" now.

This should resolve the issue. This usually happens when a change is made to zoning, but as RRR pointed out there are some puzzling occurrences of it happening.

Aran

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 29th, 2008 19:00

so what happens if you re-enable it ?

33 Posts

January 30th, 2008 00:00

Hi

Its enabled, but i dont see the second HBA on the powerpath console.

The diffrence is, when i right click on the HBA on device manager, i get option to disable on one card but not on the other one.

regards

dharshana

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

January 30th, 2008 02:00

the reason you don't see it in PowerPath is probably because it can't see any storage attached to it. Can you verify zoning, also make sure when you look in Clariion Connectivity status ..make sure it says it's "Logged-in" and it's green color. If it's blue color, it's not connected to a storage group.

33 Posts

January 30th, 2008 23:00

Hi

Thanks for your reply. Yes its registerd and logged on but its blue in colour.

Can you tell me what shoud i check next.

thanks again.

dharshana

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

January 31st, 2008 01:00

If your host is in a storage group, but it's still blue, the following is going on:
What happend is that somehow (I'm still puzzled why this sometimes randomly happens) an active path is administratively brought down.

How to bring it back up ?

Enable Engineering mode (CTRL-SHIFT-F12)
Right click the Storage Group your host is in
Choose the TAB "connect hosts"
Click on the "advanced" button
Look for your host and check if all paths are "checked" with a checkmark

This should do the trick.

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

February 1st, 2008 03:00

Right click on the host ? Never knew that trick ! Thank you !

2.2K Posts

February 1st, 2008 07:00

Every once in a while I pull something out of somewhere that is actually useful :D

33 Posts

February 12th, 2008 19:00

Thanks Guys

Managed to resolve the issue.

regards

dharshana

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

February 13th, 2008 03:00

No rewards ? No points ? :(

33 Posts

February 13th, 2008 22:00

Thanks again guys.

I am having some ghost images on the HOST component on Navisphere. Can i remove them by restarting the management server. Can this be done while the SAN is in production.

regards

dharshana

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

February 14th, 2008 02:00

I'm sorry... I don't understand what you mean with host component of Navisphere. You have images from your management station or what ?
Restarting the management server on the Storage Processors can be done online, but I am wondering why you'd want to do that. Only in rare occasions you might need to restart that component (ip address change of the SPs for example).

If you have Ghost imagees of your mgmt station, simply treat this host as just any other host and delete or archive them if you like.

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 14th, 2008 04:00

i think he meant "hosts" that are no longer connected to Clariion that still show up under "Hosts".

2 Intern

• 

5.7K Posts

February 14th, 2008 04:00

Right click on the Clariion, choose "connectivity status", sort on host name and select the "ghost" hosts and choose "deregister".
No Events found!