Start a Conversation

Unsolved

9 Posts

November 13th, 2018 09:00

RE: Reload of VNX where Utility partition does not load initially.

Hey, could you maybe help me out with this? i'm trying to reimage my VNX5100 and i assume its the same procedure. i have reimaged my system, but the system halts on EXTENDED READ. SPB is flashing blue rapidly, while SPA is flashing amber rapidly. i let them stand for about 2 hours without any change.

any help would be appreciated! <3

22 Posts

November 14th, 2018 06:00

Hi there, I have worked on this way too much lately so I'm sure I can help.

So you have rebooted the SP with the serial attached, and hit CTRL-C during POST  when it's doing the alphabet and it acknowledged your ctrl-c and then it boots and sits at extended read 4000 or so?

(you should unseat one of your storage processors during this process, if youre attached to SPA right now, try unseating it and do the process with SPB).

9 Posts

November 16th, 2018 08:00

Thanks for the rather fast reply, cdntekkie!

i've got people over at my house for a while so i'm gonna have to wait till after the weekend to test.

Did you have any licensing issues after re-imaging? or does it work straight out of the box? i dont need anything fancy... all i need is to be able to create storagepools and create LUNs

Cheers!

22 Posts

November 16th, 2018 10:00

you'll need the enabler files for any feature you wish to use, I can't remember if block is included automatically or not - I'll be reloading one of my arrays this weekend Ill let you know.

9 Posts

November 18th, 2018 15:00

Sounds fantastic! i might have a problem if i need some enabler files... i only got the SAN with some cables included, no licensing or keys... so fingers crossed!

No Events found!