Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

May 16th, 2014 09:00

Receiving Error Messages on Data Mover

After reviewing the Events on the Data Movers in Celerra Manager for my EMC NAS NS80, I am seeing the following error messages:

' lsarCloseHandle reported fault=NCA_STATUS_CONTEXT_MISMATCH for client=10.0.0.22 '

' lasrLookupSids reported fault=NCA_STATUS_CONTEXT_MISMATCH for client=10.0.0.22 '

This seems to be some sort of communication issue with one of the Domain clients in my network. Anybody have any insight on this?

1.2K Posts

May 16th, 2014 10:00

If you haven't do so, please open an SR with EMC.  You're correct that it appears to be a client issue, but it could be a combination of things.  My experience with 'lsarLookupSids' and similar errors can point to things like an error querying a user SID from the domain controllers, invalid credentials on clients, the list goes on and on.  EMC can collect the relevant errors and help find the root cause.

Let us know if that helps!

Karl

26 Posts

May 19th, 2014 10:00

I ran a nas_checkup and I received the following warnings.

" Data Movers: Check domain controller connectivity and configuration:

Symptoms:

* server_3: PingDC failure. The compname 'abc123' could not successfully contact the DC '*SMBSERVER' because of NT errors (CONNECTION_INVALID) at step check CIFS Ports. Details of the issue: 'no CIFS ports opened' This issue may prevent authentication to this domain.

Action: Make sure the CIFS server is correctly joined in the Windows domain. Check the server configuration (especially naming services, usermapper) and/or DC policies according to reported error."

" Data Movers: Check domain controller connectivity and configuration

Symptoms:

* server_3: The Domain Controller (DC) *SMBSERVER (169.254.131.0) cannot be reached using ICMP protocol (ping). Firewall may prevent this from working, but DC might be powered down.

Action: Make sure the DC is up and running. Check network cables, routers, hubs, and firewall."

I do not have a DC in my Windows domain named '*SMBSERVER'. Could this be related to the 'lsar' errors?

I do not currently have an active service contract with EMC so I am trying to avoid opening a service request until it is absolutely necessary.

4.5K Posts

May 29th, 2014 08:00

You might get better answers if you post your questions about Celerra in the Celerra support forum:

All Places > Support Community > Celerra Support Forum

glen

No Events found!