Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 8th, 2014 07:00

Recreate VAULT DISK information

I Jut bought a cx3-40c and a DAE without Valt disks then I will need recreate all that information...

How I can restore or recreate that information on that Vault disks?

thanks

Franklin

4K Posts

July 8th, 2014 18:00

I believe the information is quite clear in your previous thread https://community.emc.com/thread/196200...

1. Use SolVe Desktop to genera "re-image" guide

2. Download FLARE OE image from support.emc.com or EMC Service Partner Web

re-image.jpg

This is an official forum thus no one would post any confidential or internal content here. That's why I told your ask your local EMC service partner for help. Both the procedure generator and FLARE OE images are EMC's intellectual property.

24 Posts

July 9th, 2014 02:00

Hi Roger, good morning

your information is 100% clear, the problem is because I don't have access to the files, that is my problem, do you think if I contact the EMC support they will help me? as I mentioned on my last message that is for my Home Lab, and that is just for test and learning about EMC Storages, I think it's a good idea to have professionals interested in learning about EMC technologies...

I do not know what can I do

regards

Franklin

104 Posts

July 9th, 2014 04:00

Hi Franklin,

no i guess you wont be able using these drives. Anyway I'm not sure if you are able to use disks from cx3-80....

@all: can i add a DPE with cx3-80... flare Drives and start up a cx3-40? Im not sure and never tried it bevore.

Anyway i'm sorry to tell but I personally thing you wont be able to just add ( ebay ... ) drives and use cx3 without any knowledge or at least the Procedure Generator and addtional downloads....

CX3 is EOSL 31.03.2014 but maybe you are lucky and an EMC Partner close to you can still provide you Flare drives...

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

if your array (or components of it) are no longer under an active maintenance contract, calling EMC support is pointless. They will look at the serial number and tell you it's not under support and won't do a thing for you. That is the danger of buying stuff on Ebay, especially EMC hardware.  Your best bet is to find a local 3rd party resller that resells aftermarket EMC gear and buy those VAULT drives from them, i highly doubt they would sell you just the software but you never know.

104 Posts

There is no way to recreate any Data just by adding disks to the DAE 0-4. The only thing you can do is to ORDER a FLARE Drive package ( i think you wont be able to order for CX3 because EOSL)

You won't be able to install OS on unprepared disks.

@Roger W

THE SOLVE PROCEDURE   

recover boot image should only be on "running" systems ( with OS on FLAREdisks ) all others need

a FLARE DRIVE Pack ( prepared disk 0-4 )

24 Posts

Thanks Dynamox,

Yes I just realized that a couple days ago, unfortunately I already bought the complete set and I do not know what I can do

do you know somebody maybe can help me?

Thanks

Franklin Correa

franklin.bcjunior@hotmail.com

24 Posts

Hi Sebastian,

do you know where I can have that?

thanks

Franklin

franklin.bcjunior@hotmail.com

24 Posts

I found just a EMC Clariion CX700 FLARE Release 26 Vault Drives SAN with 5 disks, do you think I can buy that and update the flare for my cx3-40c? that is compatible?

regards

Franklin

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

google local resellers in your area and give them a call, find out how much they would sell those VAULT drives for.

24 Posts

July 10th, 2014 02:00

Good morning,

after searching a lot, I managed to find a person who has the discs and can sell me ...but as we all know through my posts, I bought all the equipment on Ebay and I actually still not sure if everything is running then this will be my question ...

how can I test the hardware integrity of the blades and check that it works properly, I do not want to invest my poor money in 5 vault discs which do not will be cheap and then find that I have hardware problem in my CX3-40C blades ..

there is some way to test the integrity of the hardware?

Thank you in advance for your attention

Franklin Correa

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

July 10th, 2014 03:00

catch 22, you need to have the system running to validate hardware status.

24 Posts

July 10th, 2014 04:00

really, no have another way to check the blades?

24 Posts

Can I connect in the cosole micro db9 and see what is the stage of the boot?

104 Posts

Hi Franklin,

i think dynamox is right.... Propably the only thing you can check if the storageprocessor is starting up... maybe you can see if all the Power Supplies are working....

Like you would do it on a server.....

regards

104 Posts

July 10th, 2014 05:00

Hi,

not sure if you get any output withour Utitlity Partition. CX4 settings would be

• 9600 baud
  • 8-bit
  • No parity
  • 1 stop-bit

No flow control

i guess they will work for CX3 too.

No Events found!