Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 21st, 2011 08:00

Replication from CX3/4 to VNX without Recoverpoint

Does anyone know what replication methods are supported when replicating from CX3/4 to VNX other then Recoverpoint? I know I can use SANcopy to migrate from CX3/4 to VNX. But what if I want to have CX3/4 as primary storage and VNX as secondary stroage? Can I still use Mirrorview sync/async for such situation? Thanks.

4.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2011 10:00

VNX to CX3/4 will support Mirrorview as a secondary or primary, along with San Copy - in the first release of VNX you must use CLI, the second release will allow using the GUI.

glen

February 24th, 2011 14:00

To answer the OP's question about MirrorView/A and MirrorView/S interoperability, look to the Operating Environment Release Notes which was posted today (02/24/2011):

They are both available from PowerLink via the following breadcrumb trail:

Home > Support > Technical Documentation and Advisories > Hardware/Platforms Documentation > VNX Series > Release Notes

I've pasted the block of text individually from each document, but as you'll see the supported operating environment pairs are the same regardless of asynchronous or synchronous.

1) "MirrorView/Asynchronous for VNX OE for Block Release Notes"

mv_a.jpg

2) "MirrorView/Synchronous for VNX OE for Block Release Notes"

mv_s.jpg

You will also want to review the document for any technical notes, limitations, known issues, troubleshooting, etc. in regards to the MV configuration.

13 Posts

February 25th, 2011 01:00

Thanks guys!

No Events found!