Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

November 11th, 2009 09:00

Snapclone Failing Command: K10CloneAdmin DBid 0 Op 2058

Does anyone know what "2058" translates to? I am seeing it repeatedly after every synchronization command. I am also troubleshooting why the commands are running so slow. I checked the network interfaces and they are correct and also tried restarting the management server. Agent is 04.28.000.5.704

November 11th, 2009 20:00

It seems the Clone grp is having a differnet SP as a owner where as the sync command is going to other SP whcih is not the Grp owner.

R u trying to use navicli or seccli to start the Clone Sync???

See Primus emc68246 for similar issue noted

-Vishal

16 Posts

November 12th, 2009 06:00

We use naviseccli to call the group. Every group is called from SPA. I thought the SP dependancy was removed back in FLARE 22/24. Is it best practice to call the clone group from the owning SP?

4.5K Posts

November 12th, 2009 11:00

The message is to alert you to the fact that you are issuing the commands to the non-owning SP - check the SP Event Logs and it should provide more details. When the clone command is issued to SPA and the clone is on SPB, it will send the alert and transfer the command to SPB.

You can avoid the alerts by changing your script.

glen

16 Posts

November 18th, 2009 05:00

Glen,

Thanks for the heads up about editing my script.  The question was is it best practice to call it from the owning SP? ie other than the warning message is there harm caused by just calling all of them from SPA?  From what I can tell there is no harm other than a slight pause as the command is reissued.

4.5K Posts

November 19th, 2009 08:00

I don't believe we have a best practice for the scripts - it use to be that you had to specifically call the correct SP or the clone operation would fail. Now we just alert you to that and execute the command. If you don't want to see the message, you can change the script.

glen

1 Message

February 19th, 2010 06:00

The error code is informational. It indicates that the SP the command was sent to does not own the LUN you are trying to synchronize. You can change your script if you like but it is not necessary as the command will be forwarded to the other SP.
No Events found!