Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 18th, 2010 10:00

StorageScope

I am looking for some information on storagescope, is there a simulator? any information would be welcome    

474 Posts

December 19th, 2010 12:00

What would you like to know about it.  Do you know what StorageScope is?  Are you looking for information on what it can do?  A little more context would be helpful

2.1K Posts

December 19th, 2010 13:00

I agree that we need more context in order to avoid wasting a lot of effort giving you something you don't need. I would also suggest that the best place for this question would be under the Ionix ControlCenter section since StorageScope is a component of that suite.

51 Posts

December 19th, 2010 15:00

i am aware its a reporting / tending tool for space and capacity . Can you use this tool to monitor performance?

Is the tool widely used what type of reports can you get out of itl? i have never used the storageScope in fact i have never used control center at all. Is storagescope licence included in control centre.

is the product widely used in the industry?

474 Posts

December 20th, 2010 14:00

At a basic level EMC Ionix ControlCenter itself doesn't cost.  Enabling features inside of ControlCenter requires licenses of which there are several different types.

ControlCenter can monitor and provision storage including zoning across an entire environment.  It supports EMC and 3rd Party storage systems, physical and virtual hosts, Cisco and Brocade fabrics, etc.

Performance Trending can be done with Performance Manager which is an optional component of ControlCenter

Performance manager can show performance data for storage, fabric, and hosts for detailed troubleshooting

Capacity trending/reporting can be done with StorageScope which is also an optional component of ControlCenter

There are canned reports and you can also make custom reports with Crystal Reports or export data to other systems.

Other licenses enable Clariion, Celerra, Hitachi, Fabric, etc management as the customer requires.

I have some customers using ControlCenter with StorageScope and Performance Manager but not all. Generally, larger environments are better candidates for CC, especially if they are running Symmetrix storage.

You will want to query the Ionix ControlCenter groups for the best information..

Ionix Community

https://community.emc.com/community/connect/ccwelcome

Ionix Support Forums

https://community.emc.com/community/support/ionix

No Events found!