IndyBriGuy
1 Nickel

Trying to Zerodisk a CX4-120 - what does SP A: FRU not available for disk zeroing mean?

Jump to solution

We have a CX4-120 that we are retiring and I need to run zerodisk on the SAN before it leaves the data center.  So I have naviseccli installed on my desktop and I have run the proper command to zerodisk the entire array.

I am getting this as a result...

Bus 0 Enclosure 2  Disk 8

Error: zerodisk command failed

Error returned from Agent

SP A: FRU not available for disk zeroing

Bus 0 Enclosure 2  Disk 9

Bus 0 Enclosure 2  Disk 10

For everything but the bound drives in the Vault.

Does this mean my CX4 firmware is too old to run zerodisk?

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
IndyBriGuy
1 Nickel

Re: Trying to Zerodisk a CX4-120 - what does SP A: FRU not available for disk zeroing mean?

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved.  We only THOUGHT we had deleted all the RAID groups and LUNS....after hunting down the rest and deleting them, zerodisk worked like a champ.

0 Kudos
2 Replies
IndyBriGuy
1 Nickel

Re: Trying to Zerodisk a CX4-120 - what does SP A: FRU not available for disk zeroing mean?

Jump to solution

This issue has been resolved.  We only THOUGHT we had deleted all the RAID groups and LUNS....after hunting down the rest and deleting them, zerodisk worked like a champ.

0 Kudos
8 Krypton

Jump to solution

Thanks for posting the solution and marking the question answered - that should help anyone looking for the same issue.

glen

0 Kudos