Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

J

November 16th, 2010 16:00

Unisphere Recoverpoint Integration

What is the extent that Unisphere will integrate Recoverpoint?  Does Unisphere simply just launch the RP interface, or does it more tightly integrate with CLARiiON?

727 Posts

November 16th, 2010 16:00

This is discussed in detail in the Unisphere whitepaper (available on powerlink).

15 Posts

February 15th, 2011 19:00

I have FLARE30 but don't see Recoverpoint as an option under Replicas?  How do I enable it?

4.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2011 07:00

I believe that RecoverPoint is an option - you should contact your local EMC salesperson for information on obtaining a license. The splitter that is installed on the array may come with the complete license.

glen

15 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 08:00

We have licensed Recoverpoint but installed it when we still had FLARE 29.  I think that may be part of the problem.  When installing RP with Deployment manager on FLARE 30, it wouldn't be a problem.  My question is how to get Unisphere to recognize RP and add it to the menu???

4.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2011 08:00

I've discovered that you need two conditions:

1. you must be using RecoverPoint/SE - full RP will not show up in Unisphere

2. you must use Deployment Manager to install

glen

15 Posts

February 23rd, 2011 10:00

OK - so I'm running RecoverPoint /SE, but didn't use Deployment Manager to install.  Can I correct this?  Can I use Deployment Manager to resolve without completely re-installing?  We will be adding additional RPA's soon.  I plan to use Deployment Manager to install - will that resolve?

4.5K Posts

February 23rd, 2011 11:00

I'll track down the RP guy and ask him - may take an hour or so.

glen

4.5K Posts

February 25th, 2011 10:00

the RP group suggested that you should open a case for RecoverPoint - when you open the case, make sure that you tell them that this is a RP issue, don't mention the clariion as sometimes it gets routed to the clariion group first and you'll just waste time waiting for the case to get sent to the RP group.

glen

No Events found!