Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

December 16th, 2010 07:00

Unisphere management server

Is this necessary or recommended?  We just upgraded to flare 30/dart 6 and before I join everything into a domain I wanted to get some input as to what others are doing in this regard.  I have two CX4-240's and two NS40G's.  My next step is to get ESRS going - can you colocate ESRS and the Unisphere server?  Is there significant overhead to running this on the Clariion or NS?  If not, which one should be the master - the SAN or the NAS?

Thanks

Dan

251 Posts

January 13th, 2011 10:00

Hi Dan

Im a little confused by the question but from my point of view I have everything in our lab in one domain, so the only real reason that I use offarray is so that I can review NAR files offline. All offarray will really do for you is that you can in theory connect quicker to a large domain as it doesnt have to download all the gui components from the array (also obviously reviewing nar files offline can be useful too)

Hope that helps

Gearoid

190 Posts

January 13th, 2011 10:00

Beuller...must have been too close to the Christmas parties to get an answer or feedback last month...

Anyway, I still haven't merged my NAS gateways with my Clariion domain - Other than having two Unisphere sessions I haven't really given it a second thought.

So I'll ask the question again...

When is it necessary to install an off-array Unisphere management server and is there any benefit in doing so?  I've only got 4 devices (2 cx4's and 2 ns40g's).  I'm just trying to see if the overhead is that minimal to add these all together in a single domain with the master being one of the Clariions.

Dan

190 Posts

January 13th, 2011 11:00

Thanks for the info -

Dan

No Events found!