This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 15th, 2011 06:00

Using 2 FC ports on CX3-10c on each SP

Hi,

I have a Clariion CX3-10c Storage system which is connected to VMware ESX hosts

emc-paths.png

The links with cross are not currently connected.  When I am trying  to connect them (I can connect only one - have only one available SFP module to Cisco MDS 9000 switch) I see no additional paths to LUNs from VMware Vcenter. All I see is one additional path with point not to any LUNs but to SP second adapter (I supose so, because I see the SP adapter identifier). And under capacity I see 0.00 B

vmware-paths.png

Should I see any additional paths to LUNs or that is how it should be?

1K Posts

Right-click on the storage group, select properties and click on the hosts tab. Once you are there press Ctrl+Shift+F12. Enter the engineering mode's password and now you will see a Advanced button on the Hosts tab. Click on the advanced button and make sure you see all the initiators you are supposed to see and also make sure they are all checked.

24 Posts

You mean zone on Cisco switch?  All devices are in a default zone.

Cisco-zone.png\

I do not see any initiators in Storage groups, only LUNs and Host. If you mean Storage Group on CX3-10.

1K Posts

Did you zone that HBA to the CX, make sure the ports are registered as well as made sure those initiators are enabled in the ESX Storage Group?

1K Posts

July 15th, 2011 07:00

Any time, glad I can help

24 Posts

Thanks a lot, it worked. I thoght there is a more easy way than entering engineering mode

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

do you see additional paths listed in Connectivity Status in Navi ? If you have verified your zoning, zoneset has been activated with new zones..and they still do not show up in Connectivity Status, go to http://spa/setup and restart management service ..go to http://spb/setup and do the same thing there. Don't worry it's not disruptive,  sometimes Navisphere gets confused and needs to be "refreshed".

No Events found!