Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

October 23rd, 2008 11:00

Where does Analyzer actually store those nar files?

When do a navicli managefiles list, i don't see those nar files, but i do know i can retrieve them, so my question is where are the nar files stored, in memory?

4.5K Posts

October 24th, 2008 09:00

Sorry, the analyzer -archiveretrieve command is only in release 26. In release 24 you still need to use the JAVA commands (java -jar archiveretrieve.jar).

Send me an email - I've put together a PPT about using Analyzer R24/26 and the differences between them and some sample scripts for automating the collection of archives.

glen

kelley_glen@emc.com

4.5K Posts

October 23rd, 2008 12:00

when you use the managefiles, it's looking in a directory on the array called c:\dumps - this is where the spcollects and dumps are stored.

Analyzer uses a different directory and managefiles can not access that directory, you need to use the Analyzer commands. The directory on the array is c:\emc\archives - BUT only for release 24 and later.

regards,

glen

80 Posts

October 23rd, 2008 14:00

a few follow up questions,

1) what's the difference between "analyzer -archive" and "analyzer -archiveretrieve", the command reference guide isn't very clear on that
2) i couldn't test the above question out bcuz i couldn't run the following command, am i doing something wrong, "naviseccli -h analyzer -archiveretrieve", i can do a "analyzer -archive -file ", but not "-archiveretrieve"
No Events found!