Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

February 17th, 2015 00:00

changing fault disk, checking it with SPcollect, Report output

I changed a faulted disk in a CX4 240 following USM instructions normally it's working (no red light anymore) but when I checked the report and the SPcollect it seems that something is still wrong .

SP collect output :
       Raid     Drive                                                                                                                                              Cur     Max

Disk  Group Capacity Intfc Vendor   Drive Type  Serial Number  Part Number TLA Number Firmware State Replacing Speed Speed

1.2.14 20     600GB    FC HITACHI                    LXWWAVHL DG118032690 005049694       C3A8  Enabled  1_3_4       4         4

1.3.4   27     600GB    FC HITACHI   Viper-C        J9XGEKHL      118032690 005049033       C3A8  Equalizing --            4        4

Report output Genarl-Issue :

Severity Component Issue Action

Critical 

Hot spare 1_2_14 is in use.  Replace failed disk or call your service provider.

Critical 

No host paths for the storage group Storage Group - Cluster POC.  Check host attachments. 

What does the second critical message means ??!!
Thank you in advance.

7 Posts

February 17th, 2015 01:00

I agree that the rebuild ist not finished yet. For the second Event it seems that one or more Host in the Storagegroup "Cluster POC" got an connection Issue. So you should check the Initiatorstate and in addition check the connection on host side itself.

Regards

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

Has it finished equalizing (copying back to the replaced disk ) ?

You can check the status using naviseccli;

naviseccli -h arraysp getdisk 1_3_4 -state -rb

(scope and creds may be required)

Or from Unisphere by going into the Transitioning LUN properties and checking the "Percent Rebuilt" value.

Are there any active alerts/errors on the array?

22 Posts

Thank you very much. After generating a new report there is no more warning concerning the disk. Concerning the second issue I'll check with my boss, I am still beginner I just wanted to check what's the matter. Thank you again.

2 Intern

• 

715 Posts

February 17th, 2015 02:00

Cool. ..and sorry, I missed the second question.

You may have a Storage Group (Cluster POC) with either no hosts or host with failed paths. With that name maybe it's left over from a project, but do check the  Hosts Tab in the Storage Group properties.

4.5K Posts

February 17th, 2015 12:00

Was your question answered correctly? If so, please remember to mark your question Answered when you get the correct answer and award points to the person providing the answer. This helps others searching for a similar issue.

glen

No Events found!