Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

July 6th, 2010 01:00

fractured mirrors are resyncing from the start

Hi, on the weekend we had a controlled power outage at our DR site. We fractured all mirrors prior to the power outage. On monday morning the mirror option of synchronize was selected for each mirror. The mirrors are now resyncing from the beginning. I suspect that this has occured becasue the write intent logs filled up.

Am i correct in assuming this had happened because the Write Intent Log has filled up?

Is there a way to increase the size of the Write Intent Log to avoid this problem?

Thanks, Mark

29 Posts

July 6th, 2010 04:00

You may also check the MV Knowledgebook. Page # 29 explains sync process:

http://www.emc.com/collateral/hardware/white-papers/h2417-mirrorview-know-cx-series-flare-wp-ldv.pdf

29 Posts

July 6th, 2010 02:00

I don't believe we can make WIL more than 128 MB. It's a bitmap and so doesn't take much space. It tracks in-flight writes to both images. Also once both images confirm that data has been written, it clears previous WIL entries.

I believe that this could be as a result something else apart from WIL.

Also, are these CX4 arrays? WIL is enabled for all mirrors in CX4, not necessarily in previous models. There were certain limitations in CX3/CX series arrays for w.r.t WIL.

Regards,

71 Posts

the clariion is a cx3-10c. The mirrors are all definately using Write Intent Log as i have selected this on each mirror.

thanks

71 Posts

Is it possible that i have misunderstood the re-sync and although the mirror synchronization stated that it was at 0% for each mirror it was not actually starting the full mirror process.

29 Posts

July 6th, 2010 04:00

All sync process start from 0%. This shows the progress for that particular sync cycle. Not that it means the full source LUN has to be re-synced.

No Events found!