Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

L

March 20th, 2012 01:00

replace DAE with vault drive on CX700

due to some DAE problem.  I need to replace a DAE on CX700. But  this DAE(bus 0 enclosure 0) includes vault drive.

So  what is the best procedure  for replacing this DAE?

1.4K Posts

March 20th, 2012 03:00

If you are looking for Procedure for replacement of DAE (Disk Array Enclosure). You can obtain the same from CLARiiON Procedure Generator by following below path in powerlink.emc.com

Home > Support > Product and Diagnostic Tools > CLARiiON Tools > CLARiiON Procedure Generator.

However, it is recommended to get SP Collects Analyzed and if repalcement of DAE is required then to be done by EMC CE.

433 Posts

March 20th, 2012 03:00

Removing a DAE which has the vault drives in it, and if this array is in production then the recomnedation in this scenario is to open a case with the Support and ask the CE to be onsite for this activity.

3 Posts

March 20th, 2012 20:00

sorry , I didn't mention that my intention is to replace the DAE chassis but not include the disks.

And I looked up the CPG for offline replace CX700 DAE,there is no specific indication for replace DAE chassis within vault

drives.Any suggestion?

812 Posts

March 20th, 2012 22:00

I would recommend to open an SR and take assistance from CE in getting this done.

Vipin V.K

1.4K Posts

March 21st, 2012 07:00

there is no specific indication for replace DAE chassis within vault

drives.Any suggestion?

There's is none except as you will be replacing Base DAE, this will be an offline activity.

Once the array is powered down.

You'll need to remove the DAE Chasis and replace it with the new one and insert the drive(s) in respective slots.

However, as I and several memeber suggested. This activity needs to be performed by EMC Certified CE.

Request you to Open Server Request with EMC Technical Support with regards to same.

No Events found!