Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 5th, 2012 11:00

upgrading firmware on drives

what is the procedure to upgrade the firmware on all the drives of a cx380? the tech said I need to power and shutdown all my hosts connected to the san?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

May 5th, 2012 11:00

Disk firmware upgrades

Disk firmware downloads for offline upgrades are a service provider procedure only, and support personnel should read and follow applicable instructions.

The online disk firmware upgrade (ODFU) wizard checks for disk firmware update recommendations automatically; this allows you to download the latest disk firmware from Powerlink and install it without disruption to storage system operation. Only a CX4 storage system that is running FLARE 04.30 or later supports ODFU.

470 Posts

May 5th, 2012 12:00

thanks. we did the disk firmware upgrade last night. this is in preparation to go from cx380 to a cx4-960. we are engaging emc for the upgrade. is thee a procedure or where I can read about this?

470 Posts

also how do I check on current flare code on the cx380?

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

in Navisphere look in system properties, sorry i don't have the procedure for disk drive upgrades, i am sure your CE does.

433 Posts

May 8th, 2012 07:00

Current flare code on the cx380 can be checked as follows :

Right click on the array->Properties->(Another window opens) Click on software tab.

There you can see the current flare of the array that it is running on.

Rupal Rajwar

No Events found!