Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

January 21st, 2010 20:00

Ask for the CAVA communication port

Hi All,

I am a QA from Trend Micro, focusing on the test of EMC antivirus software Server Protect for EMC Celerra, --SPEMC for short-- product. And some questions confused me for a long time. Is there any body so kind to help me?

As we know, we should install CAVA and EMC antivirus server (ServerProtect Normal Server ) on the same machine. And we could see the antivirus server status on Control Station. After we installed the Antivirus Server (Normal Server in SPEMC) and CAVA, turn off the firewall in VM, and configured the viruschecker.conf file, we could see the antivirus server status is online by typing the command:

server_viruscheck server_2.

But if we turn on the firewall in VM, and add CAVA program to exception, the status turned to be Offline. It seems that we did not find the communication port between EMC data Mover and EMC CAVA.

IS there anybody know that? I will appreciate very much if I could get your response.

8.6K Posts

January 25th, 2010 00:00

Hi,

thats because rpcinfo is a basic Unix command  (also present on Windows) - so its got a Linux man page or Windows help

port 111 is *only* the port for the portmap information service, which tells the application what port a certain program number listens to

see

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Remote_procedure_call

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Portmap

I would suggest to look into your firewall's documentation (which one is it?) if it can deal with RPC

Rainer

• 

285 Posts

January 22nd, 2010 00:00

Hi, and welcome to the forums.

I don't see anything specific to CAVA regarding ports that the Data Mover may contact, but you should ensure that you have port 111 opened for portmapper.

Additionally, you should have a contact point in EMC Engineering with whom you can communicate.  If you don't know who that is, let me know and I can find that person and get them in touch with you.

8.6K Posts

January 22nd, 2010 08:00

normally with a desktop firewall adding a program to the exception list only governs the traffic that this program initiates, not what it receives

I would suggest to take a look at the firewall ports or take a network trace

you need at least ONC/RPC (111) or MS/RPC and portmap

do a rpcinfo -p against the AV server - I think CAVA is program  1062247.

I dont think this is documented - our customers typically run AV servers on server operating systems without desktop firewalls

Rainer

January 24th, 2010 20:00

Thanks for your kindly reply. But I have opened the TCP 111 port. Unfortunately, it did not work. The status still displayed as OFFLINE. Would you please find a person who can help us and contact me? Maybe we will add the port information to our project document if there is a complicated configuration about the firewall.

Thanks very much.

January 24th, 2010 20:00

Thanks for your kindly reply. I checked the 111 port. It has been opened. would you please give a detail description about the  rpcinfo -p command? I did not find the command in the Command Reference Manual. And it seems that the RPC connection indeed has something wrong if the firewall turned on.

I attached the screenshot. Would you please help to find the root cause?

Turn OFF firewall.

turn off firewall.jpg

Turn ON firewall

turn on firewall.jpg

59 Posts

January 27th, 2010 04:00

You need ports on the firewall open for CIFS connection.  The AV server will use the cifs share check$ on the filer to scan files that the NAS requests to be scanned.  Please ask your CE or search CAVA docs for the required firewall ports.

Sagle

January 27th, 2010 18:00

Hi all,

Thanks for your kindly help. The antivirus server could work now when the File and Printer Sharing  is added to the exception List.May be some ports was used both by CAVA and  File and Printer Sharing.

And If possible, could you please give us an EMC Engineer contact window? Some unexpected problem may accour when we use the EMC Celerra simulator.We will be appreciate very much for your support.

Thanks very much.

147 Posts

January 28th, 2010 07:00

sorry - I dont know how the support model works for partners like Trend Micro

you should have something in your company who is responsible for the relationship with EMC and has the support and engineering contacts

regards

Rainer

June 1st, 2015 22:00

138/TCP,UDP NetBIOS NetBIOS Datagram Service
139/TCP,UDP NetBIOS NetBIOS Session Service
445/UDP Microsoft-DS SMB file sharing
111/TCP,UDP Sun Remote Procedure Call
137/TCP,UDP NetBIOS NetBIOS Name Service

I have done to open above ports that it was worked with Cava and AV: sophos,also.

Information......

No Events found!