Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

November 26th, 2013 08:00

CEPA Configuration

Hi all,

We're configuring event management for our new Celerra (through Varonis Datadvantage).

When I try to start CEPP service my Data movers I have the following error (logged as nasadmin):

server_cepp server_2 -service -start

No CIFS server found on the Data Mover.

We have a VDM configured.

Have you got an idea ?

Regards

8.6K Posts

November 26th, 2013 09:00

My guess is that similar to CAVA you need a CIFS server configured on the physical data mover

Check the CEE manual

5 Posts

November 27th, 2013 04:00

I've *just* completed a Varonis CEPA install.

Like you, I only use VDM's, (why wouldn't you?) Which means I have no physical CIFS servers.

CEPA wouldn't start, and no, you can't copy the cepp.conf to the VDM and start it there.

I had to create a CIFS server (just that, no storage) on every DM, local and remote. I could then start the CEPA service. None of this is in the CEE manual, support didn't really have any idea either.

You'll get errors if the Varonis IDU/Probe service is not installed or configured, including the EMC CEPA Windows service.

#protip Make sure, when adding these (annyoingly pointless) CIFS servers that you join the AD domain. This will mean that the CEPA service can talk to the CEPA server without configuring additional credentials on the DM.

Regards,

-=zdz=-

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

June 11th, 2020 06:00

When you configured the CEPP.conf file and it started on your VNX were you able to see events logging to DatAdvantage (CAVA/CEE)? When you run the pool info, did you see connected? I’m getting msrpc issue, no cava version and nt= connection_disconnected. I’m using Celerra VG8 with file OE 7.1.63-2

thank you

No Events found!