Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 9th, 2010 02:00

CUT - minimum DART version for inter family upgrade

I've searched through release notes and other documents but haven't been able to find a minimum supported DART 5.6 version for using CUT to upgrade to version 6.x. I'm not (yet) comfortable assuming that the Pre-Upgrade Health Check will bark if the current version is below the supported one. According to CUT, upgrading from 5.6.45.5 should be fine...

-Anders

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

December 9th, 2010 11:00

There does not appear to be a minimum 5.6 version, according to the release notes.

However, if you are in a replicating environment, I would suggest a minimum 5.6.47.11, before upgrading.

5.6.47 is the minimum level that supports replication across familes.

From my experience, the Pre-Upgrade Health Check is very good at identifying minimum versions.

If you also plan on upgrading the FLARE code, make sure you upgrade the NAS code first.

From the:

EMC® Unispherefor File

Version 1.0

Release Notes

P/N 300-011-469

Rev A01

September 2, 2010

The Celerra Upgrade Tool can upgrade Celerra Network Servers

running software versions:

5.6 to 6.0

6.0 to 6.0.x or later

The Celerra Upgrade Tool cannot upgrade systems with dual Control

Stations.

Selecting and rebooting blades at different times can cause errors.

Select and reboot all blades at same time during the upgrade in the

Reboot Blades dialog.

9 Posts

December 10th, 2010 00:00

Thanks for the answer. I'll probably wait though, my local emc service contact claims that the "Customer" part of "Customer Upgrade" is mostly theoretical at this stage, especially for 5.6 to 6.0. No matter how correct he is he's still the one that I'll turn to to maintain my Celerra so his word goes for now.

-Anders

No Events found!