Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

December 6th, 2013 15:00

Expand a CIFS file system while replication is in a switchover state?

Hello,

I have a customer who has switched over a VDM and it's associated shares, and will (possibly) be retiring the old replication source. Will be deicing on it's fate in a week or so...

HE asked if while it's in it's current state (switched over and replication paused), can he extend the share as its running a low on space.

I've looked form some documentation, but nothing seems to address this specific condition, and I don;t believe it's possible...as I suspect he would have to delete the replication to complete this.

Does anybody have any advice?

TIA

Keith

1 Message

December 6th, 2013 21:00

Hi,

I have an answer for your query. Now the replication is in switch over state, If you want to extend the current source file system, the destination file system must have enough storage available, so that it can be extended as well. Only the source file system can be extended by the administrator.The extension of the destination file system takes place automatically and cannot be initiated by the Celerra administrator.When the source file system is extended by the administrator, the system will extend the source file system first.The destination file system will be extended upon the next data transfer (Here while reverse replication). If there is an error during extension of the destination file system, then the replication data transfer will not proceed until the situation is corrected.

If there is a failure during this extension, the administrator will know immediately about this failure. If the source file system extension fails, the destination file system will not be extended. If the source file system extension is successful, the next data transfer from the source to the destination triggers an automatic destination file system extension. A replication destination file system employs an internal script that extends the file system to the required size.When an error occurs during the destination file system extension, the cause of the error is logged to the sys_log file.The administrator should view sys_log to find the exact error, and then use nas_message -info command to obtain the detailed description of the error and the recommended corrective actions.

Thanks,

Jithin

8 Posts

December 7th, 2013 06:00

Thanks Jithin,

We'll give it a try today.

Keith

No Events found!