Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

September 26th, 2012 06:00

Getting Home Directories Setup Properly

I'm a newbie at Data Movers and we are trying to get our VNX 5300 setup for user home directories and we are running into some NTFS permission problems that I can't seem to get answered from Powerlink info.I am hoping to get the home directories so that the user has control as well as Domain Admins.

I've enable the HomeDir feature on our VDM and set it to Auto Create the Directory. I have also turned off inheritance at the root of the Home Directory share and set HKLM\Software\EMC\Homedir\Flags = 1 (inherit ACL from parent). The share root  has Domain and Local Admins with Full Control. Authenticated Users have traverse folder/List folder/read attr/read ext attr/read perm and Creator Owner has Full for subfolders and files only.

Despite what I thought were ok permissions, if I, as a Domain Admin, try to navigate to a users home folder I get a 'you do not have permission to access...' message.

Does anyone have any suggestions for where I am going wrong here?

Regards,

Tim Munn

296 Posts

September 27th, 2012 05:00

have you tried adding the domain admin user to the Cifs server Administrators group ?

Sameer

8 Posts

September 27th, 2012 09:00

Sameer -

I can't say that I have. I assumed, perhaps incorrectly, that Domain Admins would automatically get those privileges once the Data Mover was joined to the domain. It doesn't look like enabled local users when I joined it to the domain.

CompMgmt MMC shows Domain Admins in the Local Admin group.

I'm open to suggestions.

-

Tim

296 Posts

October 1st, 2012 04:00

Hi Tim,

would suggest you to add the user to the cifs administrators group and check if you are able to access the \\cifs_serve\c$

Sameer

No Events found!