Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

June 27th, 2011 06:00

How to alter LACP and FSN configs after they are in production?

Our Network engineers are moving all of our Celerra's to a NEXUS set of switches.

Our Celerra's are configured with at least 3 cge ports in LACP and a FSN and all interfaces are based on FSN.

Our network will consist of two NEXUS core routers and the LACP ports from the Celerra will be "split" between them, allowing for fault tolerance within the network itself.  Our network engineers have stated they can only support  two ports (per port channel) in this configuration, but our LACP configs on the Celerra are setup witht 3 or 4 cge ports and then another port as the Fail Safe.

So, I need to understand how to remove two of the four ports without destroying the existing LACP0 configuration.  I will then build a new LACP config and attempt to move the interfaces to new LACP.

According to our Network Team, we will no longer need FSN, because our network will now be redundant (since the LACP config will be split across two different routers).

I've looked over the network and High availalbilty documents, but didnt see anything about how to perform this action or if it can even be done without disruption.

Help here is appreciated as I am not strong in networking skills.

Thanks,

1K Posts

June 27th, 2011 06:00

You can't remove two out of four ports without disruption. You will have to remove all dependencies of the existing LACP0 interface, reconfigure LACP0 and then reconfigure all services that used LACP0 (CIFS, replication, etc) to use the new LACP0 interface.

306 Posts

June 27th, 2011 07:00

So, do I have to destroy all of my interfaces?  Meaning the IP addresses and such that are already on the Celerra?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

June 27th, 2011 08:00

yep, you can't make changes to FSN unless all interfaces have been removed from it.

306 Posts

June 27th, 2011 10:00

Well, thats crappy.....

1K Posts

June 27th, 2011 10:00

As dynamox already stated you have to clean up everything before you can reconfigure the network. It's not as bad as it sounds though. Go to each CIFS server and uncheck the LACP0 interface. Make sure replication is not using LACP0. Delete the interfaces, reconfigure the LACP0 device and recreate the interfaces on LACP0. Go back to each CIFS server's properties and select LACP0. Reconfigure replication if need be.

8.6K Posts

July 7th, 2011 08:00

well, then make sure you open a product enhancement request (PER) via Powerlink

Unless customers are asking for it its not likely to change

Rainer

April 19th, 2016 05:00

CIFS SERVER properties wouldn't allow to remove all interfaces from it. Will I need to delete the CIFS server itself?

8.6K Posts

April 19th, 2016 06:00

Create a temp dummy interface, remove your old if, add the new one, remove the dummy

Or try if it lets you remove the only interface if CIFS is stopped

No Events found!