Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

April 28th, 2009 12:00

NFS mount Migration

hello all,

If the performance of a SATA NFS/CIFS mount is bad is there a way to seamlessly move the data to a FC NFS/CIFS mount. Much like a lun migration would work on clariion but for the celerra world. I guess I would be migrating it from 1 storage pool with poor performance to one with better performance but I need to be able move it without downtime, if possible.

Thanks,

Mike

8.6K Posts

April 29th, 2009 02:00

Hi Mike,

currently not completely transparent.

Normally you would use Celerra Replicator or nas_copy, which will do a block-copy but since the destination is a new file system the file handle will change and your NFS clients need to umount/remount before the cutover

If you think that a transparent migration would be usefull please file a Product Enhancement Request through Powerlink

8 Posts

April 29th, 2009 07:00

Here is a little twist to the above situation: what are the EMC recommended steps to migrate a file systems that is a part of a replication session (PFS or SFS) ? Should the replication be suspended? Will the Replicator be able to efficiently re-sync the file systems after one (or both) of them change FSIDs?

Thanks!

50 Posts

May 1st, 2009 12:00

It sounds like you are wanting to clone NFS/CIFS share, is that correct?

Mike
No Events found!