Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

R

November 6th, 2012 13:00

NS-82 DAE removal

Hello all,

I have a NS-82 that has 2 DAE in another cabinet. I need to consolidate to 1 cabinet. I cannot find any info or procedures.

How do I remove the last 2 DAE's in the chain? All disks in the 2 DAE are unbound. Any help or points in the right direction will be most appreciated.

Thanks

91 Posts

November 27th, 2012 05:00

Hi,

You are only able to remove a CLARiiON DAE without shutting down the CLARiiON under the following circumstances: 

1. There are no active LUNs or RAID groups on the enclosure. (If there were LUNs and RAID groups on the enclosure previously, they must be destroyed/unbound.) 
  2. The enclosure is the last enclosure on the Fibre loop. (Due to the daisy chain connection of DAEs, removing a middle enclosure will take higher enclosures offline.) 
  3. The enclosure will show as faulted/empty in Navisphere until both SPs are rebooted (usually done consecutively).

I would recommend you to open a Service request with EMC so that we can engage a engineer to perform this activity.

127 Posts

November 27th, 2012 07:00

Disconnect one of the Backend Loop on last DAE, Navisphere will show fault, confirm that is the DAE you wanted to remove, pull the second look on that DAE. Login to http://SPIP/setup, restart management server on both SPs, the fault will disappear. Now do the same procedure for the second last DAE ( which will be last now). Very simple if you do it right.

No Events found!