Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

April 13th, 2011 13:00

New NS120-cant get interface online

I created a device/interface for ISCSI  I gave it an ip.  I added cge0/1 I chose 1000FD and everthing shows UP, also configured the core switch for LACP as well as the device.  I cant ping beyond the interface when I ping test.  I mimicked what we had on our other NS120.

Anyone have a good walk though or reference link?

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 14th, 2011 08:00

looks like links are not up, have you checked physical connectivity to the switch. Are ports enabled on the switch (speed, duplex mode ?) There is noting you need to do on Celerra to enable network interfaces, they are always up.

33 Posts

April 13th, 2011 14:00

yes I chose LACP and the network person configured LACP on the core.  He said the switch isnt getting any packets...

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

what is LACP state

server_sysconfig -virtual -info

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

did you configure LACP trunk on Celerra and on the switch ?

33 Posts

yes I toned out the cables and they are correctly patched.

weird....

the ports are up on the switch, and the network guy made them LACP passively so core will accept LACP traffic and bring up the group.

Any thoughts on the switch side or anything else we need to do?

33 Posts

[nasadmin@supersecret ~]$ server_sysconfig server_2 -virtual -info ISCSI
server_2 :
*** Trunk ISCSI: Link is Down ***
*** Trunk ISCSI: Timeout is Short ***
*** Trunk ISCSI: Statistical Load Balancing is IP ***
Device     Local Grp   Remote Grp Link  LACP Duplex Speed
------------------------------------------------------------------------
cge0       10002       0          Down  Down N/A         0 Mbs
cge1       10002       0          Down  Down N/A         0 Mbs

So I need to bring this up in the cli?

33 Posts

I had also tried this and created at Etherchannel but no joy.  I seemed to remember the last time we stood and NS up, the EMC guy insisted on LACP-but he woked backl and forth directly with the network consultant-who is long gone.

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

if physical connectivity checks out, something is not right on the switch. I remember setting this up on HP Procurve and it was a matter of enabling LACP on the two ports that were member of my LACP trunk and enabling flow control, that's it.

33 Posts

April 18th, 2011 14:00

still no success....

1 Rookie

• 

20.4K Posts

April 18th, 2011 14:00

to rule out physical connectivity issue, have your network guy delete LACP configuration for those connections. See if you can use one of the cge ports, assign it an ip address and see if you can ping your default gateway as well as other thing behind the router. This will verify that physical connectivity is working fine, do it for all connections that will participate in LACP trunk.

No Events found!