Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

A

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 29th, 2008 06:00

Replicator V2

Unable to create a VDM replication session. Interconnect has been validated.

I recieve the following error when trying to create any type of replication session:

Operation task id=xxxx on target at destination fs create state failed with error: failed to complete command.

90 Posts

September 29th, 2008 07:00

Hi Phillip,

I think this is related to a problem others seem to be seeing: The MAC address and the backend ID do not agree and/or the two Simulators you are using to do replication with have the same MAC address. Could you please check that by doing the following on each Simulator:

Check the MAC address by doing ifconfig eth0 on both machines and note what value is displayed for HWaddr.

Check the backend ID by looking at the file /opt/blackbird/storage.cfg and noting the value for Serial. It should match (not counting the ':') the MAC address.

Let me know what you find out.

Jim

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

September 29th, 2008 08:00

Source and Target each have different MAC's. The MAC's match up with the serial ID in the /opt/blackbird/storage.cfg file.

90 Posts

September 29th, 2008 09:00

Hi Phillip,

That's good news. It is most likely to be another problem so I'll let you know what I find out.

Jim

5 Practitioner

• 

274.2K Posts

October 2nd, 2008 10:00

Jim,

Thanks for the help. I am still having probems getting replication to work between two simulators. Any thing else I can try?

Phil

90 Posts

October 2nd, 2008 11:00

Hi Phillip,

Try this:

Check the destination side command error log (/nas/log/cmd_log.err. There should be an entry that says that the file system creation failed and may give a hint as to why. Also check the the Dart log to see if you can get more information there. View the Dart log by:

cd /opt/blackbird
./show_log x > dart.log # the x is the slot number (2 or 3)
# dart.log is just a file to make it easier to view

Let me know what you find out. It would be helpful to copy and paste the pertinent snippets of the log in your reply.

Good luck,

Jim
No Events found!