Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2008 06:00

Storage Group Full

Hi

I have a Celerra NS20 integrated system with a CX3-10F Array as primary storage, my problem is that the default Disk group which is a clar_r5_performance, is completely Full and I can't extend any more the file system which reside on this Disk group.
Can I expand the LUN which belongs to this Disk group using the Navisphere manager and the metaLUN technology, or is there any way to create a new Disk group from the Celerra Manager and extend the file system?

Regards
George

8.6K Posts

May 19th, 2008 07:00

Please do NOT extend, change or move any LUNs currently in use by Celerra for the NAS side

see http://forums.emc.com/forums/thread.jspa?threadID=77227&tstart=0

If you do have a NS20FC then choose the NaviSphere method to create new LUNs, if its a NS20 (without addtl. SAN ports) just use setup_clariion

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

May 19th, 2008 06:00

grant,

do not extend LUNs using Navisphere. You will need to login to Navisphere and create more LUNs and assign them to Celerra storage group. Once that's is done, you will need to tell Celerra to rescan for new LUNs, once they are detected you will be able to extend your file system. Celerra will grab new LUNs and assign them to the pool. Please review Celerra documentation for proper LUNs creation practices.
No Events found!