Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

March 10th, 2009 12:00

Time issue

I have 2 simulators installed on my network.
Both setup identically with NTP. But only one of them is not showing correct time.
I cannot shange it to PDT.

Any ideas

[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timesvc stop
server_2 : done
[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timesvc start ntp 192.168.10.2
[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timezone -name America/Los_Angeles
[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timesvc update ntp
[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timesvc
server_2 :

Timeservice State

time: Tue Mar 10 15:08:21 EDT 2009
type: ntp
sync delay: off
interval: 60
hosts: 192.168.10.2,

[nasadmin@localhost ~]$

I have tried change the time zone to GMT
[nasadmin@localhost ~]$ server_date server_2 timezone -name GMT
But still the same issue 3 hour differentce EDT instead of PDT

Message was edited by:
kaba

1 Message

March 31st, 2009 05:00

hi,

kaba have you found out what the problem was? I have the same issue, i can't get the time write on one of my Celerra simulators. I have tried on the same way, also thru the web interface, but that also doesn't work.
ps i only have a difference of 1 hour.

Fons Biemans

139 Posts

March 31st, 2009 05:00

Last time I had a similar issue, it was because of the time zone on the control station being different from the one on the data movers.

95 Posts

March 31st, 2009 08:00

I did find out that my esx hosts had incorrect time between bios and extenal NTP. so I had to syncronize it first to make sure that all DCs are getting correct time. therefore PC that had simulator also has correct time. I have to reinstall the simulator so can't really tell yet if it corrected the issue or not.

95 Posts

April 2nd, 2009 17:00

ok so I am stiling time issues on both simulators... has anyone had the same problem?
new install of simulator and unable to syncronize the time.

May 18th, 2009 03:00

Time sync doesn't work here either. The Data Mover seems to stay in sync, but the Control Station gains time at an unbelievable rate. No matter what I do to the ntp.conf file, it won't synchronise to any servers (two local Cisco routers and one *.pool.ntp.org).

However, if I re-start the ntpd service, it quite happily corrects the time.

The VMware site goes on about various problems affecting clocks in VMs, but I didn't see anything that made any difference.

My only workable solution (a nice dirty hack, but it's only a simulator :) ) is to add an entry to crontab to restart the ntpd service every 5 minutes. It's not perfect, but at least the CIFS checkpoint times appear OK in Windows.

95 Posts

November 17th, 2009 10:00

How did you re-start the ntpd service?

server_date server_2 timesvc stop and then start?

I am still having issues with time. it shows east cost time but my time zone is set to Americas/Los_Angeles

No Events found!