Start a Conversation

This post is more than 5 years old

Solved!

Go to Solution

May 19th, 2010 05:00

celerra monitor statistics

It is our experience that in Celerra Monitor we can save statistics for up to 12 weeks. This has to be set individually for each resource that we want to monitor.

Three questions.

1) Why only 12 weeks of data?

2) Why do we lose these statistics when we reboot the control station?

3) How can we save statistical data on the nas control station so it survives a reboot?

Thanks,

Marty Meadows

8.6K Posts

May 21st, 2010 09:00

I dont think you can change that - Its dependent on the NAS control LUN sizes which depend on the version of DART

what you can do is to change the time interval - if you poll less often you can store longer periods

Rainer

366 Posts

May 19th, 2010 07:00

Hi,

1) Why only 12 weeks of data?

It depends on the size of the system ( amount of data movers, file systems, shares, etc... )

This data is stored on an specific file system on the control station, and it's size is limited ).

2) Why do we lose these statistics when we reboot the control station?

This should not happen. If you lost the statistical data after a reboot, please open a support ticket so it can be investigated.

3) How can we save statistical data on the nas control station so it survives a reboot?

See answer#2.

Gustavo Barreto.

8.6K Posts

May 21st, 2010 08:00

please let us know what you find out

Rainer

46 Posts

Sorry I didn't reply sooner. I've been out of the office. Perhaps celerra monitor data is stored for 12 weeks and I just misunderstood. I'm pretty certain that I've been told that cpu & memory utilization stats for server_2 in celerra manager are lost when the NAS control station is rebooted ... and felt confident that this is what we've experienced. We've only just recently gone back to Celerra Monitor as a resource monitoring tool. So ... assuming that 12 weeks worth of data is what we get at most ... unless we change some control station file size ... how do we change that file size? Where is that file? Thanks!

8.6K Posts

martinl wrote:

I'm pretty certain that I've been told that cpu & memory utilization stats for server_2 in celerra manager are lost when the NAS control station is rebooted ... and felt confident that this is what we've experienced.

I wouldnt be surprised if the CPU and memory stats in Celerra Manager were pulled realtime and not stored - but I'm quite sure the same stats in Celerra Monitor dont get reset after a data mover reboot.

Rainer

No Events found!