Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

February 12th, 2015 05:00

nfs server xxxxx not responding still trying & nfs server xxxxx status ok

Folks,

We are seeing intermittent issues in accessing NFS share from virtual linux host. It was working earlier without any issues.

We get the below error message constantly on the host.

nfs server xxxxx not responding still trying

nfs server xxxxx status ok

we checked server_log, server_netstats -P tcp -s and the checked the switch port status. We don't see any issues on Storage and Network. Would there be any issue with Linux host .

Hope your valid inputs helps.

1.2K Posts

February 12th, 2015 05:00

Sometimes the first question to start with is, "What has recently changed?"

Were any patches or updates applied to the Linux host?

Were any kernel parameters or changes made?  Any new software installed?  Any changes in firewall rules?

Karl

8.6K Posts

February 12th, 2015 06:00

Could be issues with Linux, Hypervisor or networking – more likely than a Celerra/VNX issue

91 Posts

February 18th, 2015 05:00

Is there any backup operation performed during this time? A "no responding" error message during the backup operation,or any other access operation to the NFS point indicates that the NFS server trying to be contacted is heavily loaded and is not able to respond to NFS request.

Jithin

February 17th, 2016 00:00

I am also facing the same issue.

No changes has been made on the host side. I tried presenting the share in different host and even tried rebooting the Data Domain but still the same issue.

1.2K Posts

February 17th, 2016 06:00

Can you check your host firewall settings?  Are the rules set to properly allow NFS traffic, that is, allow the right TCP ports in the right directions?

8.6K Posts

February 19th, 2016 02:00

Not much info there – could be lots of reasons – often it is client or network related

2 Intern

• 

20.4K Posts

February 20th, 2016 05:00

aravind_haribabu wrote:

I am also facing the same issue.

No changes has been made on the host side. I tried presenting the share in different host and even tried rebooting the Data Domain but still the same issue.

Data Domain ? What platform are you troubleshooting because this is a Celerra forum.

February 20th, 2016 06:00

You have probably have seen this post in the RedHat customer portal already, this is in case you haven't

https://access.redhat.com/solutions/28211

No Events found!