Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 31st, 2008 03:00

Centera Regeneration

Hi

Can I have a failed disk on my Centera and regeneration is in progress. Is there a command to check the progress of the regeneration? I've used the show regeneration command but that just tells me that regeneration is in progress on one node. I'm trying to find out how much further it has to go.

thanks

34 Posts

July 31st, 2008 06:00

I don't have that option on my commands menu. Is there a commandline command I can use?

124 Posts

July 31st, 2008 06:00

Yes - Using Centera Viewer, go to Commands-> Task List
Once the list shows up, right click and "invert"

You should see the regeneration task, expand the task to see the progress

124 Posts

July 31st, 2008 07:00

Sorry - I did not realize that this functionality was not available to you.

I know of no other way then the command you are using presently

34 Posts

July 31st, 2008 09:00

Looks like customers don't have this function on their Centra Viewer. It would be a useful function to have if we did. Could some of you EMC guys recommened it?

20 Posts

August 6th, 2008 13:00

OrangePaul,

Unfortunately you are correct, this functionality is not available at the present within the customer version of Centera Viewer except the 'show regeneration' command.

The functionality that you are suggesting is in fact on the road map for the next Centera release. If you have concerns about the regeneration progress, please open up a service request with EMC Support. They have the tool to diagnose and monitor regeneration activities.

Thank you,

CenteraL3RG

October 22nd, 2014 11:00

From CenteraViewer, select Commands option from the menu bar then select Regenerations option.  This does show you the progress.  You can also set it up to auto-refresh the window.  I'm running CenteraViewer v4.2.2256.  I believe this is what you're looking for.

October 28th, 2014 01:00

Hi

This has been available in the customer version of the Tools since a long time. As was said above, go to Commands - Regenerations.

Don't get confused by all of the different regenerations types and stuff. Just check the ETA of the current regenerations and the CPM/CPP Integrity status.

Best regards, Holger

No Events found!