Start a Conversation

Unsolved

This post is more than 5 years old

July 5th, 2010 21:00

Centera Viewer User guide

Hi,

I'm looking for some help on using Centera Viewer tool.

I'm writing one code which will import contents into Centera and set few custom atrributes, for cross verifying I need to see the attributes.

Can anyone guide me through how to use CenteraViewer tool, I believe this tool is like an interface to view Centera contents.

Please revert with your experience and knowledge.

Thanks in Advance

Prashant

29 Posts

July 6th, 2010 08:00

Prashant,

The Centera Viewer is not really a tool to interfact into the stored content on a Centera.  It is the interface used to monitor the health of the Cluster and to view and modify configuration parameters.

Jeff

27 Posts

July 6th, 2010 11:00

Hello Prashanth,
The Centera Viewer is more of a monitoring tool as mentioned by Jeff. In case you need to retrieve more information and to do scripting, you will have to use the Centera CLI. This is installed when the customer CD 4.x is installed.
In case you need more assistance on Centera CLI, you can find it at START > PROGRAMS > GLOBAL SERVICES 4.x > DOCUMENTATION > 4.x CENTERASTAR DOCUMENTATION > CENTERA ONLINE HELP 4.x.x (HTML) . Search for CLI and you will find the list of commands and the description.
You will also find all the applications of the Centera Viewer tool here.

This will be found only if the Customer CD is installed.

In case you do not have the customer CD 4.1 installed, it can be downloaded from powerlink - https://support.emc.com/products/Centera.aspx . You will also find additional articles to assist you further.

July 6th, 2010 21:00

Thanks Jeff and Radhakrishna,

I'm new to Centera hence those stupid questions

I need some help, for example my storage specified in DA has storage parameter like "10.xx.xx.xx,  10.xx.xx.xx?/opt/documentum/dba/config/test.pea" and I need to access Centera CLI the IP asked while accessing CLI will be 10.xx.xx.xx,  10.xx.xx.xx.

I will meanwhile look into Centera Online help.

Thanks

29 Posts

July 7th, 2010 08:00

Prashant,

There is no such thing as a stupid question!    We were all new to Centera at one time or another.

I do not really understand your last question.

I see your connect string, where you are passing the IP addresses of the access nodes and the PEA file to allow you to log into a profile on the Centera.

I BELIEVE you are asking if you use those IP addresses to log into the cluster via the Centera Viewer...if so, the answer is yes, you would you one of them.  When you try to connect with the CV, it will prompt you to configure a connection, you can use any one of those IP addresses that belong to the access nodes.  You would need to contact the administrator of the Centera you are using to determine what the correct Administrator password is.

Jeff

27 Posts

July 8th, 2010 12:00

Hello Prashant,

This thread may be of use to answer your queries -- https://community.emc.com/docs/DOC-3162

Regards

89 Posts

July 29th, 2010 05:00

Hello Prashant,

Do you still require assistance with your query? Or are you all set now?

Rgds

Ronan

No Events found!